Drool............... Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
LINK

"After setting industry standards with the acclaimed ProMedia? 5.1 personal audio system, Klipsch Audio Technologies introduces a new and enhanced version. The ProMedia? Ultra 5.1 augments the performance and style of the award-winning ProMedia? 5.1 with an even more impressive subwoofer, updated crossover networks, and new cosmetics on the satellites and control module.

With an enclosure that is 20 percent larger, the ProMedia? Ultra 5.1 subwoofer incorporates a series of refinements designed to increase efficiency for more total output, lower distortion and deepen bass extension. These improvements include a lower tuning frequency, a voice coil that is 60 percent longer and a larger, slotted port. The subwoofer is a bass-reflex type with dual 8-inch side-firing woofers and convex driver dust caps for unsurpassed high output linear bass response. The 500-watt BASH® amplifier and Klipsch engineering offer high output with low distortion and effortless dynamic headroom.

The updated, two-way Ultra 5.1 satellite speakers and mid-bass drivers sport a sleeker appearance with a refined floating grille and under cone termination, which hides the speaker leads for a cleaner cone appearance. The satellites also feature an updated crossover network that enhances the higher frequencies and delivers richer tones. As with the ProMedia? 5.1 satellite speakers, the Ultra 5.1 satellites include exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix? Horn tweeters that cleanly and accurately handle the high frequencies. Each satellite features a redesigned self-supporting pedestal.

The magnetically shielded center channel also features under cone termination uses the same Klipsch MicroTractrix? Horn tweeter and three-inch fiber-composite cone woofer as each satellite speaker, ensuring an ideal blend and seamless driver transition.

The user-friendly control module features separate main, center, rear and subwoofer controls as well as a digital LED volume level display and an on/off or headphone listening mode switch. Unlike the original ProMedia 5.1, the Ultra module features all controls on the front panel. It also has two stereo miniplug jacks, one for headphone output and one for the convenient connection of portable audio devices and any other alternative source that uses a stereo miniplug output. "

:D

00Jones

Banned
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
LINK

"After setting industry standards with the acclaimed ProMedia? 5.1 personal audio system, Klipsch Audio Technologies introduces a new and enhanced version. The ProMedia? Ultra 5.1 augments the performance and style of the award-winning ProMedia? 5.1 with an even more impressive subwoofer, updated crossover networks, and new cosmetics on the satellites and control module.

With an enclosure that is 20 percent larger, the ProMedia? Ultra 5.1 subwoofer incorporates a series of refinements designed to increase efficiency for more total output, lower distortion and deepen bass extension. These improvements include a lower tuning frequency, a voice coil that is 60 percent longer and a larger, slotted port. The subwoofer is a bass-reflex type with dual 8-inch side-firing woofers and convex driver dust caps for unsurpassed high output linear bass response. The 500-watt BASH® amplifier and Klipsch engineering offer high output with low distortion and effortless dynamic headroom.

The updated, two-way Ultra 5.1 satellite speakers and mid-bass drivers sport a sleeker appearance with a refined floating grille and under cone termination, which hides the speaker leads for a cleaner cone appearance. The satellites also feature an updated crossover network that enhances the higher frequencies and delivers richer tones. As with the ProMedia? 5.1 satellite speakers, the Ultra 5.1 satellites include exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix? Horn tweeters that cleanly and accurately handle the high frequencies. Each satellite features a redesigned self-supporting pedestal.

The magnetically shielded center channel also features under cone termination uses the same Klipsch MicroTractrix? Horn tweeter and three-inch fiber-composite cone woofer as each satellite speaker, ensuring an ideal blend and seamless driver transition.

The user-friendly control module features separate main, center, rear and subwoofer controls as well as a digital LED volume level display and an on/off or headphone listening mode switch. Unlike the original ProMedia 5.1, the Ultra module features all controls on the front panel. It also has two stereo miniplug jacks, one for headphone output and one for the convenient connection of portable audio devices and any other alternative source that uses a stereo miniplug output. "

:D

:Q

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: 00Jones
Originally posted by: aphex LINK "After setting industry standards with the acclaimed ProMedia? 5.1 personal audio system, Klipsch Audio Technologies introduces a new and enhanced version. The ProMedia? Ultra 5.1 augments the performance and style of the award-winning ProMedia? 5.1 with an even more impressive subwoofer, updated crossover networks, and new cosmetics on the satellites and control module. With an enclosure that is 20 percent larger, the ProMedia? Ultra 5.1 subwoofer incorporates a series of refinements designed to increase efficiency for more total output, lower distortion and deepen bass extension. These improvements include a lower tuning frequency, a voice coil that is 60 percent longer and a larger, slotted port. The subwoofer is a bass-reflex type with dual 8-inch side-firing woofers and convex driver dust caps for unsurpassed high output linear bass response. The 500-watt BASH® amplifier and Klipsch engineering offer high output with low distortion and effortless dynamic headroom. The updated, two-way Ultra 5.1 satellite speakers and mid-bass drivers sport a sleeker appearance with a refined floating grille and under cone termination, which hides the speaker leads for a cleaner cone appearance. The satellites also feature an updated crossover network that enhances the higher frequencies and delivers richer tones. As with the ProMedia? 5.1 satellite speakers, the Ultra 5.1 satellites include exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix? Horn tweeters that cleanly and accurately handle the high frequencies. Each satellite features a redesigned self-supporting pedestal. The magnetically shielded center channel also features under cone termination uses the same Klipsch MicroTractrix? Horn tweeter and three-inch fiber-composite cone woofer as each satellite speaker, ensuring an ideal blend and seamless driver transition. The user-friendly control module features separate main, center, rear and subwoofer controls as well as a digital LED volume level display and an on/off or headphone listening mode switch. Unlike the original ProMedia 5.1, the Ultra module features all controls on the front panel. It also has two stereo miniplug jacks, one for headphone output and one for the convenient connection of portable audio devices and any other alternative source that uses a stereo miniplug output. " :D
:Q

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
i'll be getting these when they come out mwahahah!

surge protecotr bustedededededed my stuff they sent me a check i buy better speakers :p

Great, i'm trying my best to save to go surfing in Costa Rica again then i see this.......

pac1085

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex
LINK

"After setting industry standards with the acclaimed ProMedia?

industry standards in failure rates :)

I have my 5.1s and love them except for the fact that I (and many others) had to RMA them more than once. (I had to RMA mine 3 times!)

Hopefully these ultra's wont be as bad.

Tret

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2003
You can just get a home theater system and it will blow away the ultras