DRM:1, Legit Consumer:2, Dev: - Yet another story. (Updated: Happy endings for all)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
SunnyD is currently recovering from surgery for Appendicitis after a trip to the ER last night so we all just need to be more patient :)

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Our thoughts are on SunnyD getting well and we hope everything is OK.

Thanks. I'm up and around already. Pretty surprised how good I feel actually.

In any event, I just replied back to the support ticket response you sent me a couple days ago.

As I mentioned in the email, please don't push me to the front of the pile just because of publicity reasons or whatnot. If this is standard protocol and all, that's fine. But I know there are people that have been waiting for a fix for this issue longer than I have, and I'm more than willing to wait my turn.

edit: I can confirm for anyone that's following this that I have received a Steam key AND Ben/Runic is still working with me to resolve the original issue.

Last edited:

ZeroRift

Apr 13, 2005
I would not call 7 days from non working to working "very good" customer service. Its actually pretty poor. But its not there yet, that day counter keeps going up and up as this saga continues.

I disagree, but I doubt we will be able to come to a consensus given that both our stances are valid.

It took me 3 weeks to get SOE support to reset my account so I could play planetside 2, and I consider that to be pretty good service as well since my circumstances were unusual (I couldn't remember my username or password and I hadn't attached any personal information to the account, but they STILL recovered it for me.).

Anyways, awesome to hear that SunnyD got his steam key. I'd challenge any other developer to do as well as they have given the circumstances. It wasn't handled perfectly (SunnyD should have gotten a better reply sooner), but getting a key inside of 7 days is pretty good.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
"We're all good." :)

OP updated.

Took a few tries, but Ben was true to his word and we got this whole thing worked out. My original TL2 install is now happy again, and hopefully we've (I say that like I'm part of the company, lol) ironed out the issues with the reset tool so that it works for everybody else that has run into similar issues.

Now, if only I could get Stardock to give me Steam keys for all those games I bought on Impulse (which now belongs to the craptacular GameStop).