Driver Stop Responding...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
That's a good idea. Now, I will admit I don't regularly monitor my PSU. It is a i-series from Corsair so I assume the Corsair link Software will cover my needs. But if you have other software based suggestions I can use, by all means.

This one...
Can you monitor the voltages with CPUID HWMonitor, and see if all is OK there?

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
I wouldn't trade the 3570k for 2600k, not for gaming anyway. Not unless you can clock it 400MHz higher. You would need 300MHz just to match passmark single thread score.

Last edited:

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
I wouldn't trade the 3570k for 2600k, not for gaming anyway. Not unless you can clock it 400MHz higher.

When it was in my rig, it was @ 4.2Ghz with 1.125v crap. I should have written all that down haha.

It won't be just for videogames, since she is now doing video encodes for work.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Rail disable the "Logitech G Suite (whatever it's called) for my G19KB LCD" and try to see if it occurs again.I think you already did but run "whocrashed" and see if it is always the nv driver.Just one final note for whatever it is worth just because a card came factory oced doesn't mean it is fully stable though, I will try adding a bit more voltage as the last resort.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Rail disable the "Logitech G Suite (whatever it's called) for my G19KB LCD" and try to see if it occurs again.I think you already did but run "whocrashed" and see if it is always the nv driver.Just one final note for whatever it is worth just because a card came factory oced doesn't mean it is fully stable though, I will try adding a bit more voltage as the last resort.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure it was all related to a software hiccup some where.

Been using the GTX 680 since yesterday, not a single issue and her the GTX 780 with no complaints (only praise she can now max out some of her games).

I ended up not being able to swap the coolers today (possibly day off). Been watching my PSU with Corsair iLink. Odd that the fan never seems to come on. Guess I don't use as much power as I thought. Haha.

Thanks for the heads up the program. Event Viewer has been useless with no extra info to see if there was a possible conflict any where. Wonder if I can use whocrashed it retroactively and see if it can find info from Eventviewer I couldn't see.

Innokentij

Jan 14, 2014
I had extreme unstable driver latley, foud the cultprint to be evga precision x newest version. I already rolled back to 350.12 without help and after i uinstalled evga precision x that did the trick. Using msi afterburner now.

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
Yeah, I'm 100% sure it was all related to a software hiccup some where.

Been using the GTX 680 since yesterday, not a single issue and her the GTX 780 with no complaints (only praise she can now max out some of her games).

I ended up not being able to swap the coolers today (possibly day off). Been watching my PSU with Corsair iLink. Odd that the fan never seems to come on. Guess I don't use as much power as I thought. Haha.

Thanks for the heads up the program. Event Viewer has been useless with no extra info to see if there was a possible conflict any where. Wonder if I can use whocrashed it retroactively and see if it can find info from Eventviewer I couldn't see.

Good ole trusty 680, I never had any issues in my 3 years of use with it.