Drive Time Blues - what to do with the spare time

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
I've recently gone to an 8 to 5 working hours after years of having 'off' work hours and never hitting rush hour.

The radio is okay to kill time, but what I'm looking for is a way to educate myself in mt new found 'spare time'.

Do they make books on CD? How about computer books on CD? I'd really like to spend my time studying for the A+ exam and some other certification.

Any advice on better ways to spend your drive time than listening to the radio would be greatly appreciated.

PH
:D

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Booksontape.com has about 130 books on CD (audio). It looks like putting books on audio CD is just getting off the ground.

I doubt you'll ever find computer books on CD, though. Without the illustrations, screenshots, code listings, it would be impractical. Plus, someone has to sit down and actually read all that stuff out loud, and with the size of some of those computer books the information would be obsolete before the reader even finished!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Don't forget to pay attention to the road. If you are "studying" while driving it could be a dangerous distraction.

I'd suggest the radio or music. Sorry.

EDIT: You might consider public transportation or carpooling (so you can really study).