• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Drive by daiquiris?

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000
Anyone from New Orleans, Lousiana here?

I was just told that there are such things as 'drive by daiquiri' bars, where whilest out for a drive, you can pull in and get one to go... hello? isn't there such a thing as 'dont drink and drive' in Lousiana? Of course, it would go a long way in explaining things about that state...

Is this true? Enquiring mind wants to know!

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I am, and yes there are. I guess it's not considered an open container until you put the straw in the little hole. ;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I've heard there are drive through liquor stores in AZ, I believe it was. Apparently they're like drive through banks essentially. Drive up, say what you want, & get it handed out to you. They have the square footage of your average grocery store, though.

Viper GTS

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Florida has drive through liquor stores. They call them package stores. I think MA has them too (packies) but I'm not sure I've ever seen a drive through.

As long as the bottle isn't opened, it's the same thing as going into the store and getting it and bringing it back out to the car.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
My question is...

"How and the fsck to you drink a daquiri while driving?"

Unless, they put it in a big gup cup or something

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Yeah, they put 'em in big styrofoam cups. Unless you buy a gallon, then they come in a gallon jug (makes sense :p). What else would you put a daquiri in? :p

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
They got a whole chain of em on the outer banks of NC. Called "Brew Thru" Pretty cool if you ask me

ASK THE COMMUNITY