Drinks vs water..

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Do you mainly drink juices or water? I used to be a big fan of drinks like soda, juices etc.. but then I switched to a diet that included water with the extras every once in a while. I switched to this diet so that I could lose some weight that I had and I remember how if you're desperate to lose weight, you're to drink water, it's kind of funny now that I think about it. When I first started to drink water, I remember it tasting kind of gross and I didn't really want to drink it that much but knew that if I was thirsty, I should be drinking it. It took about a months time for me to fully transition water into my diet, I still had other drinks occasionally but otherwise I would drink water.

Through out the first year, everytime I would drink softdrinks etc.. I felt a little bit addicted to it, like smoker going back to smoking but I reminded my self not to drink it otherwise I may gain weight. So it's been a year now and I've just realized, I don't like softdrinks, or any realy juices etc..

I drink water every day, when ever I'm thirsty, first thing that comes to mind is getting some water, I generally prefer drinking it warm as I'm able to drink more at a time than otherwise. I only realized how much I didn't like soda when I bought 2 6packs due to a sale cause albertsons is going out of business. So I've been trying to finish them up and if anything, it feels like a chore, I feel like I have to go out of my way to drink them instead of drinking water, I feel awful after drinking it and most definately regret drinking it.. So now, as I'm typing this post, I'm sipping on a glass of water from my watercooler.

So, now the quesiton is, which do you prefer? Water or drinks w/flavor? What is your opinion on this topic anyways? Please, don't thread crap, I already know this thread will annoy others so don't even bother notifying me that this pisses people off because I couldn't care less.

thesurge

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
"When I first started to drink water, I remember it tasting kind of gross"

Stopped reading there... :D I can't comprehend not liking the taste of water (indifference to the taste at most).

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Water tastes good

It just needs caffeine

Someone should make water with caffeine in it ...

I guess unsweet tea is the closest

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Originally posted by: deftron

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose since caffeine dehydrates you? That would mean that the water and caffeine would cancel each other out in a war of hydration/dehydration.... *head asplodes*

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Xanis

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose since caffeine dehydrates you? That would mean that the water and caffeine would cancel each other out in a war of hydration/dehydration.... *head asplodes*

Are you sure?

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Up until a few weeks ago, I was having a good week if I had 2 glasses of water. I've since been trying to have more water with a more serious workout regiment...but it's difficult. Granted, dropping to 150 would probably be a cinch if I cut down on the pop intake, but that's not gonna happen. :p

us3rnotfound

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
I drink about three or four cans of soda per day, and maybe a bottle of water. Water just doesn't do it for me.

S

SlitheryDee

Water tastes good

It just needs caffeine

guess you haven't met waterjoe.

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Start every morning with a coke and maybe some juice, and have at least one or 2 more cokes throughout the day, but I also drink at least a gallon of water a day.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Water tastes good

It just needs caffeine

um, it already exists

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
Water, & LOTS of it.

Fresh squeezed fruit juice when we pick oranges.

I know I OD on the stuff & shouldn't, but the truth is I drink a lot of coffee.

Easy to remember: Don't drink a calorie source for thirst!

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006
Lots of water, and the occasional coffee/energy drink. I always drink water right afterwards though, I hate the feeling of residual food or drinks in my mouth.

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: wazzledoozle
Lots of water, and the occasional coffee/energy drink. I always drink water right afterwards though, I hate the feeling of residual food or drinks in my mouth.

Bingo :thumbsup: