Drill reccomendations?

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I am looking to buy a cordless drill with the following specs:

drill + 2 batteries (I assume 1 is automatically included) must come in under $200

So my question is, where can I pick one up that I am not going to get totally screwed on the price (IE: not Dewalt at Home Depot)

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
What do you plan to use it for? You can get a lot of drills that meet your criteria.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
OK, how about DeWalt at Amazon ;)

Text

DeWalt may be serious overkill for what you want this for. What are you going to do with it? For heavy duty (ie: you're remodling your home), you really can't beat the DeWalt. I have two.

Edit: You can get a 14.4 DeWalt for $30 less, but in my experience, the older 14.4's were much better. They neutered them with the release of the 18 volt line

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Buy this 18 VOLT, CORDLESS 4 TOOL COMBO PACK, and let me know if it's worth a damn. I've been looking for a cordless reciprocating saw, and the DeWalt is like $250.00! Ryobi sells a Five Tool 18V Cordless Combo Kit for $200.00. I saw some kind of generic, yellow colored cordless at Home Depot for $89.00. I'm just mentioning these kits, because you may want to buy more tools later and you'll want the charger and batteries to all work together. It would also be cheaper to buy a kit, than separately.