Drama with my two-faced Alpha+ roommate! How would you handle this situation? Calling all cuddlers!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Willl Sysyphus ever escape rolling that stone in Hell? Will Narcissus ever realize that beauty is only skin deep? Did Icarus LEARN something by flying too close to the Sun?

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
ok, I didn't get it at all. Are you a woman? Are you talking about a slut-friend? You sure sound like a woman.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: ndee
ok, I didn't get it at all. Are you a woman? Are you talking about a slut-friend? You sure sound like a woman.

Here, I'll put this in simplest terms: I have the imagination and compassion necessary to truly empathize with my fellow men and women. I see the irony! Women say they want one thing, and do the other, and then admit to this irrationality by just letting things happen to them. Men do the exact same thing, and Men and Women proceed to hate each other...just watch E! sometime. :p

Howard Stern is awesome too...he knows how to push those buttons and use this contradiction to his advantage. It's the same way with any comedian or entertainer. Word of the year: Irony.

Oh, and you're reading this for a reason...because I decided to post it, plain and simple. It's no mystery why you're here reading this at this very moment...we each have our own path in life, and our paths are crossing right now. It's okay, though if you hate me...you can only understand your Self, it's the only teacher you can trust. It's that voice inside your head that guides you. But the brain deceives the mind...be forever mindful of this fact.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
OMG...vampires are real! There are mental vampires all around us, and they are posing as my friends! I used to be very insecure and, well well, it seems birds of a feather DO flock together! Everyone I know is like this! I asked them to please quit torturing each other and putting me in the middle of it all, and they looked shocked and said "We don't torture each other!" . They only act normal in public so no one catches on to them and finds out that they are terrified like little children. Neither of them have any self-reliance or self-respect, yet they criticize me for not selling my Soul! This is the second situation like this I've been in, although before it was with my roommate in college. This is one of those things in life that drive people over the edge, when they realize how alone we really are on this planet and how crazy everyone is without even noticing it. Hmm...I guess I didn't hit rock bottom yet. :(

You can't touch, taste, hear, see, or smell Love, but it is everywhere at once. A diamond ring, wedding vows, SEX...none of those things really matter, just that feeling of fear in your stomach, of thinking that this person could be the one I spill my guts too and stop suppressing my fear of Death and a higher form of Love.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Insecure men attract insecure women. Usually the type that think:

1) I know I come off as all kewl, but deep inside I think so little of myself, I think I actually deserve this.
2) If I can get him to change and love me, then I will prove myself love worthy!

In any case... a normal, confident women with 1/2 a brain in her head don't put up with too much crap for long!

:)

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: stormbv
Originally posted by: kalster
Originally posted by: Hammer
Originally posted by: Hammer be a man. stop being a whiny beotch.
lol...yep, the "Strong, Silent" type of man has really worked well so far! Do you really realize how close you came to being born a woman?
do you realize you WERE born a woman? you b1tch enough for it.
This is exactly what I'm talking about! Why are men so afraid of their emotions? Why do you think Will and Grace is such a popular show? :p When you come to terms with your feelings you see that they aren't all that important and nothing to be scared of...then you will know honesty.

boy
you could give Dr Phil a run for his money

Dr. Phil isn't honest enough. I strive for no physical attachment to people...in that way I am truly Free and can truly Love those perfect imperfections that others can't seem to shake. Those are the best parts of people...they are seeds of joy that must be watered, like Lotus flower, or something that sounds equally profound. ;)
Tell me this is a joke....

please.