Drakensang: The dark Eye

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i played the demo because it looked kind of cool but your characters run so damn slow and it just takes forever to get anywhere. I also didn't like the way the camera worked, just made it really annoying to play.
I only played the demo for maybe an hour and in that time i didn't even find any enemies to kill even though i had quests to do so.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I'm hearing positive things about the game. Fairly "old school" in terms of gameplay which is plenty fine for me. It looks nice too. I still have to open up my Neverwinter Nights 2 collection..lol. Afterwards I'll give Drakensang a try.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: pontifex
i played the demo because it looked kind of cool but your characters run so damn slow and it just takes forever to get anywhere. I also didn't like the way the camera worked, just made it really annoying to play.
I only played the demo for maybe an hour and in that time i didn't even find any enemies to kill even though i had quests to do so.

I just use WSAD to move and hold right mouse button to control the camera myself.
Once you get the Amazon to join you , just cross the bridge and you'll have plenty of combat.

I honestly didnt think it was that great either and only played the demo a half hour or so.
Yet people are saying such great things about it, i decided to give it another try.

Thank god i did IMO, they're right its GREAT!

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
I played the demo as a spellcaster of some sort, not sure what it was called. It was fun, reminded me alot of NWN. There was a decent amount of lag between casting a spell and when i selected it to be cast but nothing major. However the upgrade/leveling system confused the hell out of me for awhile and the movement was kinda slow.

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
has anyone else tried this yet? I tried the demo and I like the style but I wonder how good it is overall. I'll probably have to see when the game is released tomorrow

sherwinz28

Feb 7, 2008
I like this game so far...have about 3-4 hours into it. I love the strategic combat and the exploration. The levelling system is a bit weird but you just have to get used to it. If you do try this game give it a couple hours before you make up your mind.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Yeah, im right clicking on everything constantly to get descriptions before spending my Xp points to try and be sure im leveling up right, yet im never 100% sure im making the right decisions.
Im several hours into the full version also (i just got my house) and really enjoying it although i know absolutely nothing of the books or backstory of the gameworld.

hallwaxer

Mar 3, 2009
Well, I played the demo when it was first released in the US. Sadly, I didn't enjoy it all that much. It just seemed too unpolished.

Vampirrella

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
Is this kind of like Dungeon siege 1 and 2? Maybe like a single player version of guild wars? Titan quest? What kind of game play is it?

GaryJohnson

Jun 2, 2006
The gameplay is more like Neverwinter Nights/Baldur's Gate than the other games you list.