Dragon Age II High Resolution Textures Setting

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Was just about to fire up DA II on Steam, the game launcher has a setting under Video called High Resolution Textures which was disabled and grayed out for me.

Wasn't sure what the deal was so I checked around - apparently there is a ~1GB patch you have to download from Bioware to enable the high rez textures, you can get it here:

http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches

"This will add the option to enable higher detail replacements for most textures in game. A big difference will be noticed on level art especially."

Great?!

Goes without saying that this should have been included in the game to begin with unless they were really running into space issues on the DVD/DVD's.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Goes without saying that this should have been included in the game to begin with unless they were really running into space issues on the DVD/DVD's.

Most likely the texture pack wasn't ready by the time the game was RTM. Since the patch is totally cosmetic it wouldn't have made any sense to delay the game. Given that the textures have higher than average system requirements, many gamers wouldn't directly benefit from it anyways. I'm just glad they released it at all.

Hopefully I can get a copy of DAII this afternoon.

Gheris

Oct 24, 2005
Bioware did not have to release anything extra. This is them giving a nod to the pc community saying that you are not forgotten. If you invested in a DX11 card or have 1GB memory on your card we have something extra for you. Otherwise enjoy the game.