Draft Mitt!

Feb 4, 2009
Let me start by saying I don't think Mitt is a bad guy or he was a poor Governor although he may be ruthless in business. He wasn't the right guy for 2012 and I doubt he'd be the right guy for 2016.
Dependable Republicans are so frustrated their established candidates are failing they'd like Mitt to run again.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/who-is-draft-mitt-2016

Feb 4, 2009
Plus Trump would tear Mitt apart. Mitt would end up looking like Bush does the kid on the playground that keeps getting bullied.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Mitt gleefully used dead Americans in Benghazi for political hay during his election attempt. I'll never forget him smirking, all proud of himself. Gave me the same level of alarmed disgust I had when Dubya joked over not finding WMD under his notebook, or when he encouraged AQ to "bring it on!"

Chicken hawks think they're pretty funny I guess.

You might not think Mitt is a bad guy, but plenty of others still consider him little more than an extremely wealthy piece of shit. I guess with Trump and Carson rating they way they are I'll skip asking why the GOP isn't offering up the likes of Huntsman or Johnson, or even just someone who isn't crazy, bigoted or racist...

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What's wrong with Carly Fiorina?
If they want to rally behind someone that's not Trump or Carson.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
What's wrong with Carly Fiorina?
If they want to rally behind someone that's not Trump or Carson.

She's the spawn of satan. And she's insane.

CTR-post.png

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
Mitt suffered from the hypocrisy of defending Romneycare in 2012. Also he let a Candy faced political hack make a fool of him, declaring he was wrong, when not only was he right, but he responded by staring in the camera like a deer frozen in headlights. It killed his momentum from the first debate.

The Republican establishment is starting to abandon Bush in droves. Their next candidate up is Rubio. I don't see Romney throwing his hat in the ring. Fiorina has had her 15 minutes of fame. The candle has burnt out.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Apparently establishment GOP elites are worried that the current crop of candidates, particularly the ones with the highest poll numbers are going to lose them the general election.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...s_about_donald_trump_and_ben_carson_some.html

The Washington Post reports on the “growing anxiety bordering on panic among Republican elites about the dominance and durability of Donald Trump and Ben Carson.” These “leaders and donors” fear, quite reasonably, that the nomination of either outsider would not just secure Democrats a third consecutive presidential election victory, but also hamstring Republicans’ ability to retain the Senate and possibly the House. And they no longer have the time of day for those smart-set types who insist that the laws of political gravity will take care of the Trump and Carson problem in the end.

it's pretty hilarious now but the fact that a lot can happen before Nov. 2016 takes the edge off of the humor.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Nope - Mr. Magic Underwear Man isn't one of the Koch's prize pigs.

Nonetheless, Trump is going to get the Presidential nomination with Carson as VP. And, the GOP won't get another feasible Presidental candidate until they clean house of the crazies as well as return to legitimate conservative politics.

Frankly, I don't ever see the GOP going back to real conservatism. I see them being overtaken by the Tea Party, near completely.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Nope - Mr. Magic Underwear Man isn't one of the Koch's prize pigs.

Nonetheless, Trump is going to get the Presidential nomination with Carson as VP. And, the GOP won't get another feasible Presidental candidate until they clean house of the crazies as well as return to legitimate conservative politics.

Frankly, I don't ever see the GOP going back to real conservatism. I see them being overtaken by the Tea Party, near completely.

Personally, I can't see Trump picking an idiot like Carson for VP.

Oct 30, 2004
Who says Mitt would want to run? He's probably at home, retired, relaxing in a luxurious recliner wearing comfy bunny slippers while watching the debates on TV and chuckling at the entire spectacle of this election's primary.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Mitt suffered from the hypocrisy of defending Romneycare in 2012. Also he let a Candy faced political hack make a fool of him, declaring he was wrong, when not only was he right, but he responded by staring in the camera like a deer frozen in headlights. It killed his momentum from the first debate.

The Republican establishment is starting to abandon Bush in droves. Their next candidate up is Rubio. I don't see Romney throwing his hat in the ring. Fiorina has had her 15 minutes of fame. The candle has burnt out.

Nope.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Who says Mitt would want to run? He's probably at home, retired, relaxing in a luxurious recliner wearing comfy bunny slippers while watching the debates on TV and chuckling at the entire spectacle of this election's primary.

He did want to run. Donors told him no.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
First elected job, President of United States. I don't think so.
This is directed at a number of people running.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Your wrong.

Nope. You're wrong. Watch both videos for yourself instead of relying on secondary sources. The comments in the debate, and the comments made by Obama during the press conference that were referenced in the debate. Candy Crowley's statement was accurate.