dr. pepper is gooooood!

Jan 18, 2001
Dr. Pepper is part of Texas culture...plus its GOOOOOD!!!!

and btw, its not owned by Pepsi, but it is often distributed by Pepsi.

TheManiac

Jan 8, 2001
Yeah, I moved to Dallas 2.5 years ago, and I'm still trying to figure out what is up with this Dr. Pepper thing around here

Jan 18, 2001
hey TheManiac, you ought go down to waco and check it out...there is also the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame too... as in the law enforcement rangers, its pretty interesting if you are into states history at all. Plus, there is the imfamous site of the branch dividians in Waco...kind of a unique place in Texas. My grandfather used to all Waco the city with a hard-on b/c its skyline consisted of a single tall building for a long time. hehehe anyways, i will stop with the posts for now.
cheers

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
did you know that the secret ingredient that gives it that different taste is really

Prune Juice??

makes you think , huh?
tastes good and helps the plumming too.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
If you like Dr Pepper and need a diet drink, Try Wal-Marts Dr. Thunder. Cheap and pretty good.

Jan 5, 2001
Ever had Dr. Pepper with imperial sugar, nectar of the gods. Besides forget the Waco museum, if you're a real DP fan you'll go to Dublin Texas to go to the factory and get some Dublin Dr. Pepper made with imperial sugar. It takes really good.

Dr. Pepper is everywhere in Texas, no matter if they sell Pepsi or COke there they usually have DP too. Plus Coke makes my throat dry, Pepsi just tastes bad, and Mountain Dew doesn't hold a candle

derek

Oct 16, 1999
I don't drink soda anymore but when I did Mr. Pibb was way better than dp but I guess dp was second best.

Preyhunter

Golden Member
Nov 9, 1999
If you like your DP with Imperial sugar, better hurry. Imperial is going out of business. Those are damn fine bottles that you can get in Dublin, have to go by the bottling plant there to get to the deer lease.

rgb7

Dec 5, 1999
Nope, no prune juice in Dr. Pepper.
Check out the site that yamahaXS linked earlier and check out the ingredients.

From the site: What?s in Dr Pepper? Is Prune Juice in Dr Pepper? What?s in Dr Pepper? Is Prune Juice in Dr Pepper? We don?t know what is in Dr Pepper. The Company holds the formula in a vault. The Company will, however, tell us what is NOT in Dr Pepper. Prune juice is not and never has been in Dr Pepper. That is an old story that has apparently been in circulation since the 1930s, when some delivery man of a competitive drink may have said, ?You wouldn?t want to drink a soda that tastes like it has prune juice in it, would you??

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
WHAT exactly is Dr. Pepper.. it's not cherry cola... it's not cola... so WTF is it really?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
It is cola, just a very good flavor of it. I like the old bottles that used sugar and not corn syrup, there is a place here in Dallas that has many different flavors of "genuine" sodas.

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999

<< Besides forget the Waco museum, if you're a real DP fan you'll go to Dublin Texas to go to the factory and get some Dublin Dr. Pepper made with imperial sugar. >>

oh hell yeah. :) passed thru dublin several times and we always stop at this one BBQ place for lunch there and I stock up on Imperial Dr. Pepper. :) that stuff gives me a hard-on. :Q

Dr. Pepper is certainly king here in Texas. I love it, drink gallons of it a day. Other people tell me that dr. pepper is too sweet for them, but its the opposite for me, I can't drink Coke because its too sweet, it hurts my teeth, for some reason drinking coke from a can leaves this icky sticky sweet film on my teeth, and I taste the damn coke for hours. :| dr pepper rocks

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Warm Dr. Pepper is second-to-none in producing burp gas. I can even drink a SIP of a warm one without having to belch like a cow.

BTW, yamahaXS, Do you HAVE a Yamaha XS? XS what? What year? I'm getting an 81 XS1100SF (Eleven Special) shortly.

Ricky
DesignDawg

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Ewwwww! I hate Dr. Pepper. Tastes really nasty like there's medicine or something in it. If I drink soda it's either Sprite or Pepsi. And if there is Cherry Coke, it's definetly Cherry Coke. But I rarely drink soda, so yah...