Dr. Paul may have filed a complaint with the WIPO.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Link.

He filed a complaint with the WIPO over his name (correct me if I'm mistaken).

I'm not sure why he did that, but he seems like he's become angrier as he's left Congress.

I wish him the best no matter how much I hate IP.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
another hypocrite. Using UN a world body he railed against as looming threat to our sovereignty to get him domain.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
If people used my name to further a political agenda and sell merchandise with my name and likeness I would be a bit upset as well.

Last edited:

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
If people used my name to further a political agenda and sell merchandise with my name and likeness I would be a bit upset as well.

This. If you can't control your name and likeness than anyone will be able to use it in public and not always to your benefit. Especially if those who are using it are doing so to sell products you may or may not actually endorse or support.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
LOL. Ron Paul appeals to the organization that he believes will lead to the end of America in order to help him with his website. I guess the world dominating jackboot of global hegemony is bad unless you would otherwise be stuck with RonPaul.org... truly a fate worse than death.

The only thing funnier/sadder than this crazy old man are the kooks on the internet who are in love with him.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
LOL. This is hilarious. The RPBs get bitten by the mouth they tried to feed. I guess RP was such a different guy, eh?

What's even funnier is that he's doing it using the same "big government" his own followers hate. How does that crow pie taste?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Is there an American equivalent to the WIPO that could have been approximately as useful to his goal of acquiring these domain names?

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Not seeing the outrage, same principle as earmarks. But it's another Ron LULZ Paul thread so continue on with the habitual #### slinging.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not seeing the outrage, same principle as earmarks. But it's another Ron LULZ Paul thread so continue on with the habitual #### slinging.

The funny part is that without such an organization he would probably have no way to recover the domain at all. It is satisfying to watch nutters like Ron Paul get confronted by the consequences of their ideology sometimes, and the predictable result was a temper tantrum.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I can't believe he used his name for those newsletters but ronpaul.com wasn't registered until 2008. I would have some sympathy for him if a squatter snapped it up a decade ago.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Not seeing the outrage
I think this is QF forgivable given all that the good that he's done and the fact this is one of only like 2 or 3 things he did that I haven't liked. In addition, it's pretty mild to the bad things most other politicians have done. It's certainly not as bad as George W Bush being a cokehead and then having people arrested for doing the same plus doing nothing good.
However,
same principle as earmarks
I don't understand how it's the same principle as earmarks.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
The funny part is that without such an organization he would probably have no way to recover the domain at all. It is satisfying to watch nutters like Ron Paul get confronted by the consequences of their ideology sometimes, and the predictable result was a temper tantrum.

Well that's simply not true, everything is for sale, and they put a price on it, he just didn't like the price.

As to the rest, pretty much spot on, provided that the consequence isn't "no way to recover the domain at all".

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I think this is QF forgivable given all that the good that he's done and the fact this is one of only like 2 or 3 things he did that I haven't liked. In addition, it's pretty mild to the bad things most other politicians have done. It's certainly not as bad as George W Bush being a cokehead and then having people arrested for doing the same plus doing nothing good.
However,

Ohhh, so it's OK to be a hypocrite asshole power hungary jackass if he's "done good". What an asinine argument in support of this guy.

LOL - not as bad as Bush.

This guy is using an entity that he basically labeled as unconstitutional, a hook in which he hangs his entire ethos on, as a way to get something back that gave him MILLIONS IN DONATIONS.

Yet this beautiful being wouldn't take his name off of a racist newsletter which he had personal and intimate knowledge of and actually edited personally.

Yeah, what a real winner you love there. Just goes to show that you are just as low as those you claim are lower.

Apr 27, 2012
Ohhh, so it's OK to be a hypocrite asshole power hungary jackass if he's "done good". What an asinine argument in support of this guy.

LOL - not as bad as Bush.

This guy is using an entity that he basically labeled as unconstitutional, a hook in which he hangs his entire ethos on, as a way to get something back that gave him MILLIONS IN DONATIONS.

Yet this beautiful being wouldn't take his name off of a racist newsletter which he had personal and intimate knowledge of and actually edited personally.

Yeah, what a real winner you love there. Just goes to show that you are just as low as those you claim are lower.

Talking about yourself?

He isn't a racist, He has spoken out against racism and everything he has done for minorities. He isn't a racist unlike most of the politicians we have now

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009

Because it is the system he has to work with and in this case people are blowing up over a bunch of nothing just like earmarks. I do not believe in the IRS or Federal Reserve but I still do my taxes and use paper money, so am I a hypocrite?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Because it is the system he has to work with and in this case people are blowing up over a bunch of nothing just like earmarks. I do not believe in the IRS or Federal Reserve but I still do my taxes and use paper money, so am I a hypocrite?

Of course not. What is funny about this though is that under Ron Paul's system he would have no way whatsoever to get this domain. (outside of paying a price that he is unwilling to pay)

That's funny.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Of course not. What is funny about this though is that under Ron Paul's system he would have no way whatsoever to get this domain. (outside of paying a price that he is unwilling to pay)

That's funny.

Why does Ron Paul hate the free market system so much?