Dr and Family on Vaca in FL called N-word and assaulted by white couple. Cops/hotel do nothing.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
And that's not all of it. Even with this video, the police told them if they filed charges they themselves would be charged.

https://thehobbservationpoint.com/2...d-the-police-protect-and-serve-the-attackers/

“This happened last night.

A woman was telling her daughter to pee in the pool we were in, while the little girl was crying and begging her mom to take her to the bathroom. The mom started looking around, we presumed for the bathroom, and we pointed it out to her. She started yelling “you don’t know what MY daughter is saying,” “I’m taking her to the bathroom,” “I wasn’t telling her to pee in the pool (guilty conscience), etc etc. Figuring she was embarrassed because she got caught being nasty, we paid her no mind. As she’s walking to the bathroom she tells grandpa? to “go up there.” He comes up and shortly after, she returns. She’s still saying stuff and telling her kids to splash us. After a couple of cannonballs, we started splashing too. I mean, we’re in a pool, we don’t mind splashing. Then the mom says “come on let’s leave these black bitches.” So now we’re calling names?! Sticks and stones… ok, leave, bye! But apparently they weren’t getting enough of a reaction out of us. The grandma starts yelling “black bitch” and “black bitches” as they’re exiting the pool. When the mom makes a threat I got out of the pool. The mom and the dad kept walking but the grandma and grandpa continued to antagonize us. You know they dropped the n-word. The grandma tried to swing at my niece and knock her phone out of her hand. I grabbed her arm and stopped her. See the video…

Afterward we called hotel security. Who do you think they talked to? Giving them the benefit of the doubt that the other party ambushed them, do you think they came to hear our side after? You know, from the party that actually called and who got harassed? Nope.

Then we called the police. Guess who they went to first? I went over to the officer, said I’m the one who called, and that they were the ones yelling, making threats and using racial slurs. The officer said “we got 2 calls and 2 cars are being dispatched. I’ll talk to them and you can talk to the other officer when he gets here. Go stand over there and wait.” Oh, word?!

We go over and wait, another officer comes and asks if I want to press charges. He said that we would both get charged because she had a scratch on her arm. She screams, curses, yells racial slurs, obviously under the influence, swings at my niece but she got a scratch on her arm for being stopped and we’ll BOTH be charged?! 2/3 officers were rude and completely unprofessional. I gave my statement. Witnesses also came downstairs and wrote their statements in our defense.

Their behavior was completely and utterly disgusting. The follow-up was even worse.”

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Before I respond want to see a statement from that local police department.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Before I respond want to see a statement from that local police department.

A spokesman for the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office confirmed deputies responded to the scene. The spokesman said report was taken and will be forwarded to the State Attorney to review. Nobody was arrested that night, and the white couple hasn’t been identified.​

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rt-apologizes-racist-slur-20180602-story.html

How very vague. Sounds like it the doctor's account is accurate.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is beginning to look like white people can call police on black people for just existing but when black people call police they are not believed.

Need more info.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is why more guns make us safe doesn't work for black people. By rights if story holds up would the black couple have the right to shoot the white woman for putting her hands on their daughter? Just claim I feared for her life

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Alcohol just brings out the best in people. I wonder if racism will ever end... stupid drunk comments certainly won't end.

Reactions: Thebobo

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This is beginning to look like white people can call police on black people for just existing but when black people call police they are not believed.

Need more info.

Based solely on the black doctor's account, it doesn't sound like there was any crime to arrest anyone for. It isn't a crime to be a douchebag racist and use the "n word." The closest thing to a crime is maybe this:

the grandma tried to swing at my niece and knock her phone out of her hand. I grabbed her arm and stopped her

Which could be a misdemeanor assault (i.e. attempted battery) but tough to prosecute since there was no contact.

Maybe the cops were rude here and should have handled this better, but I don't see where the crime is.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Record everything, and take good pictures of the faces for identification and public shaming. There is no anonymity with face recognition.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Drunk white trailer park trash. They were here long before Trump and will be here long after Trump, unfortunately.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
And that's not all of it. Even with this video, the police told them if they filed charges they themselves would be charged.

I haven't read past this point. Has anyone ever been "charged" for "using the N-word?" Is it illegal to use the N-word?

Disgusting people, using that word.

Last edited:

deathBOB

Dec 2, 2007
Based solely on the black doctor's account, it doesn't sound like there was any crime to arrest anyone for. It isn't a crime to be a douchebag racist and use the "n word." The closest thing to a crime is maybe this:

Which could be a misdemeanor assault (i.e. attempted battery) but tough to prosecute since there was no contact.

Maybe the cops were rude here and should have handled this better, but I don't see where the crime is.

You know if this were reversed the black family would be arrested for disorderly conduct or some other BS charge.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I haven't read past this point. Has anyone ever been "charged" for "using the N-word?" Is it illegal to use the N-word?

It was a she said she said moment. You can see the white lady grabbing at something/somebody in the video. The white lady had a mark on her arm. Cops told them if black family files charges then the white lady would file charges. From the article.
We go over and wait, another officer comes and asks if I want to press charges. He said that we would both get charged because she had a scratch on her arm. She screams, curses, yells racial slurs, obviously under the influence, swings at my niece but she got a scratch on her arm for being stopped and we’ll BOTH be charged?!

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
"Cops/hotel do nothing."

What would they be able to do?

I suppose the hotel could have kicked the white family out for being drunk, disorderly and racist and the cops could have arrested them for being drunk and disorderly.

Reactions: Zorba

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Disturbing the peace.
Drunk and disorderly conduct.
Attempted assault.
Or simply removed from private property.

Pick one. There were many remedies. The hotel and police chose to do nothing.

I wonder how it would have gone were black people harassing and threatening white people and their children?

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
Even if they police didn't get involved, the hotel should have kicked them out. Unless you're famous (or in a party city), disturbing other guests and causing a disruption in a hotel will usually get you kicked out.