DPAD servers.csv file updating and slow transfers

Unforgiven

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
is there any way to stop the servers.csv file from updating? the reason im asking is because it seems to want to update itself every day or 2 and i have to manually edit it to take out some of the slow servers and those that dont seem to work correctly for me. the only 2 i want to keep in mine are the stephenbrooks.org and zeonx.mega-reviews.com server but servers.csv keeps being overwritten when i try to connect in the morning. i am doing manual send since not all of my computers have net access if that makes any difference. i dont see anywhere in config.txt to set when you want servers.csv to update yet its updating every couple of days and frankly most of the servers stink in regards to speed. anyone with any information, if you could please let me know that would be great!

thanks

Unforgiven

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
the thing im curious about is why is it downloading a new servers.csv file when in the config.txt there is no section for it? i mean the server that you connect to should be under your control and there seems to be no pattern to when this thing tries to update itself. i guess im just trying to understand the logic behind it and if the server is reading the timestamp of the servers.csv file and letting the host know that the file is too old and thus updating it....

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
New servers are added and removed occasionally, so the file needs to be apdated with the new servers. Servers to upload to are picked at random from the list... The .csv file are updated everytime you send results.

That's all I know...;)