DP is Dead: A Corporate Cash Addicted, Russian Blaming, Bernie Cheating, Tom Perez Choosing Coffin

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is the Ocean dead when the tide rushes out? On the contrary friend, now is your time to clench for the pending Tsunami.

Reactions: Indus

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
If reading an 11 page book is too much for your conservative mind try this instead (crayons not included).
Coloring-_Pages-_Farm-_Animals.jpg

Reactions: Meghan54 and JSt0rm

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
You know anyone can self-publish whatever they want on Amazon, right? I could just write "Screw Flanders" over and over again for 100 pages, come up with an original title, and throw it up there for $1. As long as I don't actively mislead people, Amazon would almost certainly put it up.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
A person can feel uninspired by today's Dem Party if they want. I know exactly "where they're comin' from" when someone mentions the shortcomings.

But at some point, looking at the game-theoretic dilemmas and the various consequences in a sieve of possibilities and probabilities, you have to make a choice of two -- a dichotomy.

The oil companies had captured the GOP decades ago -- probably close to a century past. It is now obvious that it is a fascist center, and it is fascist only in the hypocrisy it practices over class struggle on the one hand, and the myths and stories it perpetrates on behalf of a coterie of concentrated industrial interests, dominated by its own power-elite.

I realize that the only practical -- Machiavellian -- choice in 2016 was between the lowest kind of moral turpitude and even insane judgment possible, and Clinton. So you had no choice. But everyone wants to think they have some smorgasbord choice -- a little of this, a little of that. They react against a bitter pill by swallowing poison.

So the True Believer in the Myth of Democratic Choice simply reacts, taking the country from the frying pan into the fire. It would be like turning yourself over to a master-thief or serial killer, when you discover you've been the victim of a small shoplift or misdemeanor.

And that fits a pattern of another type of outrage to people of common sense. They cannot admit that Obama or any Democrat did anything that made sense, and so they want to completely reverse every executive order, every major piece of legislation. this is not the way the practical world works. And to make choices on such an across-the-board basis will lead the country and civilization far astray of an optimal path for the largest number of human beings on the planet, and the largest number of Americans at the same time.

Therefore, I formally and publicly declare that I no longer recognize Trump supporters or GOP apologists for Trump as my fellow human beings. If they want to call themselves Americans, then we also reject that fiction. They are the Enemy. We will remember, long after the Public at Large has dealt effectively with the Trump Menace.

Since there's no reason for Trump Pod-People to be reasonable, I refuse to do so as well.

Never forget.

Reactions: Thebobo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
A person can feel uninspired by today's Dem Party if they want. I know exactly "where they're comin' from" when someone mentions the shortcomings.

But at some point, looking at the game-theoretic dilemmas and the various consequences in a sieve of possibilities and probabilities, you have to make a choice of two -- a dichotomy.

The oil companies had captured the GOP decades ago -- probably close to a century past. It is now obvious that it is a fascist center, and it is fascist only in the hypocrisy it practices over class struggle on the one hand, and the myths and stories it perpetrates on behalf of a coterie of concentrated industrial interests, dominated by its own power-elite.

I realize that the only practical -- Machiavellian -- choice in 2016 was between the lowest kind of moral turpitude and even insane judgment possible, and Clinton. So you had no choice. But everyone wants to think they have some smorgasbord choice -- a little of this, a little of that. They react against a bitter pill by swallowing poison.

So the True Believer in the Myth of Democratic Choice simply reacts, taking the country from the frying pan into the fire. It would be like turning yourself over to a master-thief or serial killer, when you discover you've been the victim of a small shoplift or misdemeanor.

And that fits a pattern of another type of outrage to people of common sense. They cannot admit that Obama or any Democrat did anything that made sense, and so they want to completely reverse every executive order, every major piece of legislation. this is not the way the practical world works. And to make choices on such an across-the-board basis will lead the country and civilization far astray of an optimal path for the largest number of human beings on the planet, and the largest number of Americans at the same time.

Therefore, I formally and publicly declare that I no longer recognize Trump supporters or GOP apologists for Trump as my fellow human beings. If they want to call themselves Americans, then we also reject that fiction. They are the Enemy. We will remember, long after the Public at Large has dealt effectively with the Trump Menace.

Since there's no reason for Trump Pod-People to be reasonable, I refuse to do so as well.

Never forget.
That must be emotionally comforting. I can find no guilt in a machine. A machine has an on or off switch and everything that happens on on is a programmed function, no?

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Yup, the party who doesn't endorse pedophiles, white supremacists, science bashers, gun worshippers, religious extremists, corporate cash addicted or otherwise morally compromised candidates is dead.
No, you have it backwards, it's the Democratic party that's dead.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
11 pages? That's like the length of a feature National Geographic article, but I bet this "book" doesn't have pretty pictures. How good can it be? :confused: