Doylestown Proud

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Doylestown, Pa. named the most beautiful town in Pennsylvania. I live in Plumsteadville, which abuts D-town, but I have a D-town mailing address (USPS motor route) so I take full credit for this "award."

In all seriousness, I feel fortunate to live where I do. It's steeped in American history and natural beauty. Suck it, Houston.

I can also vouch for Bethlehem, Jim Thorpe and New Hope, all of which make this list as well.

Many of you here may now be wondering what YOU can do to approximate my level of secondarily reflected wonderfulness. Don't even try. You can't. :p ;):D

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
No city is a beautiful as Newark. The garbage strewn vacant lots. The skeeviest crack whores. That wonderfully bleak urban landscape. The dingy, yellow-brown horizon. Oh and the rats - big enough to carry a toddler. In fact I think they have a secret toddler-rat rodeo.

Take that Doylestown.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Did the neighbourhood watch get rid of undesirable by killing them?

stargazr

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2010
Yes, it's pretty cool. I grew up around there and miss it sometimes, especially in the fall.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I grew up in that area too (West Chester) .. it is a beautiful part of the country. I'll take New England over it still for the mountains but it's always a pleasure visiting and driving around down there

Reactions: stargazr

RearAdmiral

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2004
Seems pretty nice in the bucks county area, I am too poor so I need to stick to the lehigh valley.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I like Bethlehem a lot. Haven't been there in forever. Last time I was there, they were still removing the steel yards. Had a nice mix of hipster, and kind of depressed blue collar feel.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
New Hope is a really cute area. Been there a couple times. Absolutely great place to go for a weekend with a partner.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
Having spent two purgatorial years in Philadelphia (admittedly long ago), I have a hard time believing that anything in its vicinity can be really beautiful. Of course, I haven't seen your naked pics...

Nonetheless I was routing for the Eagles on Sunday.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Having spent two purgatorial years in Philadelphia (admittedly long ago), I have a hard time believing that anything in its vicinity can be really beautiful. Of course, I haven't seen your naked pics...
Because of his "endowments," you only really appreciate those in large format film

edit: he makes the Roman god Priapus blush. See link, NSFW

Crap, there don't seem to many license free images, you just have to google

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Doylestown, Pa. named the most beautiful town in Pennsylvania. I live in Plumsteadville, which abuts D-town, but I have a D-town mailing address (USPS motor route) so I take full credit for this "award."

In all seriousness, I feel fortunate to live where I do. It's steeped in American history and natural beauty. Suck it, Houston.

I can also vouch for Bethlehem, Jim Thorpe and New Hope, all of which make this list as well.

Many of you here may now be wondering what YOU can do to approximate my level of secondarily reflected wonderfulness. Don't even try. You can't. ;):D
Nice to see Lancaster make the list, too. Historic Lancaster is pretty cute, actually, and they've got a decent food scene for "rural" PA. Wife and I drove down a few weekends ago for some nice Nepali food.

Reactions: stargazr