Downloaded Fresh Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit Copy in ISO how i make a Bootable USB

arjun231

Aug 1, 2016
Today I downloaded Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit in ISO from internet. But I am unable to install this because of the ISO file format. Any one know how do i create a bootable USB or DVD so that i can install windows 7 professional on my PC.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Use a program like Winrar to extract the iso .. open Winrar and double click on your iso file .. it will ask you where to extract to. Make a folder and extract all the files to there. Then use cd burning program, like Imgburn or Nero or equivalent to burn the files to a cd (keep them in the same order as they extracted -- just use Control + A to select all of them, then Control + C to copy them and Control + V to paste them into the cd burning app .. burn at a reasoanble (4 or 8x) and finalize cd .. You should be good to go after that. You will of course need a license for Windows 7 to get it activated.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Today I downloaded Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit in ISO from internet. But I am unable to install this because of the ISO file format. Any one know how do i create a bootable USB or DVD so that i can install windows 7 professional on my PC.

Use Rufus (free) to write ISO to a flash drive.

arjun231

Aug 1, 2016
Use a program like Winrar to extract the iso .. open Winrar and double click on your iso file .. it will ask you where to extract to. Make a folder and extract all the files to there. Then use cd burning program, like Imgburn or Nero or equivalent to burn the files to a cd (keep them in the same order as they extracted -- just use Control + A to select all of them, then Control + C to copy them and Control + V to paste them into the cd burning app .. burn at a reasoanble (4 or 8x) and finalize cd .. You should be good to go after that. You will of course need a license key for Windows 7 professional to get activated.

Where did i get this program, could you please share a valid clean program

Last edited:

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Then use cd burning program, like Imgburn or Nero or equivalent to burn the files to a cd
Except the OP wants a bootable flash drive, not a CD... NVM, I skimmed past the phrase "or DVD" in the OP...

Use Rufus (free) to write ISO to a flash drive.
:thumbsup:

There are other utilities that'll do the same thing, but Rufus seems to be the currently-reigning "champ"/favorite... [ETA: As far as CD/DVD burning goes, I like Imgburn (linked in next post) myself. It's small, simple, and free.]

How do i download this what is the site of the software
Rufus

Last edited:

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
My bad - you are correct. Gotta clean my glasses. :)

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
AnyBurn can create a bootable USB drive or DVD from the ISO image (or from a disc).