Download Win 11 Microsoft public release

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I have an offline test rig at work. I want to make some Windows 11 images for it, keeping the software licenses (specifically MS Office) from the base Windows 10 images intact. What do you think the best way to proceed would be?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I have been running it on a i5 10400 system, and it is okay so far. I did it as the free upgrade from 10 pro, instead of clean. UI is a little clunky, I will have to look into tweaks to make it more efficient. E.G. switching audio output devices is not as quick. But it plays well enough with my usual workloads.

Feb 4, 2009
I have been running it on a i5 10400 system, and it is okay so far. I did it as the free upgrade from 10 pro, instead of clean. UI is a little clunky, I will have to look into tweaks to make it more efficient. E.G. switching audio output devices is not as quick. But it plays well enough with my usual workloads.

I am having trouble identifying a reason to move from windows 10 to windows 11. Have you noticed anything that has improved?

While I like the idea of better ransomware protection it isn’t super useful for my use case.
I like the idea if the direct storage thing but again seems unlikely it will have a use in the immediate future.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Have you noticed anything that has improved?
Nope.

And I won't be updating any of my AMD systems for a good while. Wintel seems to be in full effect, so I picked this system for it.

Feb 4, 2009
Still on the fence about upgrading to win 11.
As I said windows 11 doesn’t carry any particular benefit I need or want. I do not want a more OS X like experience. I do not want a slowdown due to having an amd chip.
I do want a longer support period. Guess I will wait until next year and re-evaluate.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Still on the fence about upgrading to win 11.
As I said windows 11 doesn’t carry any particular benefit I need or want. I do not want a more OS X like experience. I do not want a slowdown due to having an amd chip.
I do want a longer support period. Guess I will wait until next year and re-evaluate.
Yup. Think I will wait until they announce the free upgrade period is going to expire before moving other systems to it. There just isn't anything compelling about it at the moment.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat