Doom3 on Xbox before PC?

angrymaxx

Jul 20, 2000
ID isnt doing both versions. The XBOX version is in concurrent development as the PC version by a different team. XBOX version has co-op mode too.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
xbox developement should be simpler, single platform to test etc .... so thats pretty kewl:)

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
its gunna be here quicker cuz the grafics will be chezy cuz its and xbox HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

ps2 and pc rulz but xbox sux

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Seems like horsesh|t...the Doom series is for the PC, should come on the PC first.

On the other hand, there will be a mod out that adds co-op to the PC version like a week after release anyway, so who cares?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I'm a Xbox fanboy, but I have to say...I don't have high hopes for Doom 3 and I expect it will be perfect for the Xbox. It looks like a 'creep around in the dark, shoot directly in front of you in surprise occasionally' game, which is perfect for a console gamepad. HL2 on the other hand seems to require a keyboard/mouse combo.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
no loss; hl2 be better anyway ;)

Why is it necessary to say something about HL2 in a Doom3 thread and vice versa? Maybe I'm a weird guy who is looking forward to both games?

:p

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Xbox version would not come out before the PC version, and heres why. The PC version is the "master copy" per se. The Xbox version will be a lightened revision of this (albeit, will include co-op).

They could not finish it b/f the PC version simple because its a refference build for the xbox version. How could you finish a copy if the master isnt complete, even if the technology is done.

Not gonna happen.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Crazyfool
Originally posted by: Skoorb
no loss; hl2 be better anyway ;)

Why is it necessary to say something about HL2 in a Doom3 thread and vice versa? Maybe I'm a weird guy who is looking forward to both games?

:p

Agreed! Well said!