Doom3 - I'm stuck: Hazardous Materials level

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by MichaelD, Aug 11, 2004.

1. MichaelD

MichaelD Lifer

OK, you know what level I'm stuck on. You have to get into Security to release the X so you can take the reconstructor plasma thingee Y and stick it in Z, etc.

I made it this far. Granted, that's not exactly hard. :eek:

But hey; I'm stuck. All the jail cells w/zombies locked inside require a PDA to open. I have searched EVERYWHERE on this level. I crawled under EVERY desk, into EVERY crawlspace, looking for PDAs to update my security code so I could get into those cells.

Where the heck do I go from here?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Doom3 stuck Hazardous Forum Date
    Windows 10 occasionally stuck on login image Software for Windows Mar 30, 2017
    Prey FPS - I thought the Doom3 engine limited it to 60FPS? Software for Windows Mar 12, 2007
    Doom3 Bug? Software for Windows Dec 9, 2006
    Quake 4 is 'everything' Doom3 should have been Software for Windows Aug 26, 2006
    How do I set custom resolutions in Doom3 and Quake 4 Software for Windows Jul 3, 2006

3. realredpanda

realredpanda Senior member

have the robo arm get one of the boxes,then have it return the box,after you hit the button,jump on the box,after it lifts you up abit you have to jump to the platform on the right side,facing the wall of boxes,there should be a heath pack or something there,then go in the wall hole thats up there.

4. MichaelD

MichaelD Lifer

DUDE!!! I am NOT LYING when I tell you this:

I saw that hole up there w/the Cell Pack as soon as I walked into the room. BEFORE I even noticed all the numbered boxes in the wall. I said "I will bet I have to go up there."

Then I tried the door, which is busted and doesn't open enough to allow you thru.

I've played many games before where you come to room "D" and you see Health/Shield/Stuff up there out of reach. You find a way past room "D" and then you somehow double back to get all that stuff. :)

Thank you. I most probably would not have thought of that. Granted (I'm guessing) that the rest of the game is now ruined for me. ;) But I DID ASK, b/c I wasn't smart enough to figure it out for myself. :eek:

Thanks, realredpanda. BTW....any Panda that is red has either been shot or has been dyed a festive color for a holiday. Which one are you? ;)

5. MichaelD

MichaelD Lifer

Just thought I'd report back as I'm done playing for the night. I play in the dark, all the lights off and the surround sound cranked. :evil: It spooks me; that's how I know I got my money's worth. :)

I got to the other side of the teleporter, found the Plasma Core thingee, took the elevator upstairs and got positively owned by 12 aliens that popped out of the walls. :D Tomorrow's another day. Thanks for the assistance.

6. skace

skace Lifer

Haha MichaelD. I figured that out on my own but I thought I had found a secret! Once I realized it was the way I had to go I remember thinking "Oh I bet a bunch of people got stuck here".

7. HostVisions

HostVisions Banned

this was the first (and only point) of the game in which I got briefly stuck

8. 49erinnc

49erinnc Platinum Member

I figured that out right away but locating the plasma inducer screwed me over bad. I must have spent 2-3 hours just running around looking for it. And when I finally found it, I realized that I been in that room and walked right by it probably 10 times already without noticing. Felt like a total dumb-a for that one.

The Delta Labs were a task for sure. And now I'll be damn if I'm not right back in them after getting through Hell. Ughhhh......

9. VIAN

VIAN Diamond Member

Hey 49erinnc,

You didn't say spoiler, butt-monkey. I'm in Hell right now.

**************************SPOILER START***************************
    El Guardian is F-ing hard. I keep killing the seakers and then hittin hit with
    everything I got and for half and hour straight, he didn't die. Comeon
    WTF is up with that.
    **************************SPOILER END*****************************

10. skace

skace Lifer

After you kill the seekers you have to shoot a very specific spot.

11. MichaelD

MichaelD Lifer

Oh! You guys are just ruining it for me. :p I'm leaving my own thread. *pbtthtttttt!*

12. apoppin

apoppin Lifer

yeah, me 2 for about 2 minutes . . . this game is SO linear and predictable . . . :p

scary? . . . NOT!

try "banal"

:roll:

nice "engine", however . . . i am looking forward to some (really) good games based on it. ;)

13. VIAN

VIAN Diamond Member

I was stuck for about two minutes too.

I came up to the place and saw that. I thought it was a secret and I wanted to get up there. So I thought for a second, maybe they want me to arrange the boxes so that I can jump to that platform, sort of like mario. After that didn't work, I thought for two seconds and was like aha! Gotcha.

14. apoppin

apoppin Lifer

Good Riddence!

:p

:roll:

j/k'ing! . . . you are complaining about "spoilers" and yet you gave a BIG one by your question . . .

****OK, Spoiler question ahead . . . ****

What is the transporter sequence after you find out the bridge to Hell is blown? i am just going back and forth - more bored than usual (i guess i am tired)

and

in the game (security Station one, Delta Labs) - What does the Cover of "Game Hog" magazine say about "DOOM" ? (looks like "Ultra 32"; but my resolution is not quite good enought to make it out)

15. apoppin

apoppin Lifer

Good morning . . . anyone know what that (future) "Game Hog" says on its cover re:Doom (of the future)?