DOOM3.COM UP! :D

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
YEAH! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ENTIRE SITE TO BE LAUNCHED! :D GRAB A COOL WALLPAPER!

id Software's site has also been updated and you can buy a whole slew of their old games.

petery83

Mar 27, 2003
the screenshots, trailer, and wallpaper on the site are pretty small...i wanna see high resolution shots of Doom 3 :(

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: petery83
the screenshots, trailer, and wallpaper on the site are pretty small...i wanna see high resolution shots of Doom 3 :(

Yeah, I've seen them all already but I'm glad to see an official site is up. I haven't been this excited over a game since Metal Gear Solid.

For some reason I get damn depressed thinking about Doom though. Probably because this is one of the last id Software games to come out. Carmack is really getting involved in his aerospace company and I won't blame him for retiring from coding to pursue that. (For those of you who don't know, John Carmack is leading a team into space in an attempt to win the XPrize, a $10 million contest to see who can build and successfully fly their own manned ship and meet certain specifications. www.armadilloaerospace.com)

Daaavo

Platinum Member
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by: petery83

Have you checked out this from E3?

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
WTF is the deal with all the half living/half robot cyborg crap? I thought the story line was that some evil thing breaks out and turns the humans there into weird monsters and zombies and aliens and whatnot... how the hell do they bolt cyborg crap on?

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: fumbduck
WTF is the deal with all the half living/half robot cyborg crap? I thought the story line was that some evil thing breaks out and turns the humans there into weird monsters and zombies and aliens and whatnot... how the hell do they bolt cyborg crap on?

I think they're part of UAC's experiments, not from Hell like the Hellknight or Archvile.

NorthRiver

Golden Member
May 6, 2002
I know a graphics artist who is play testing the beta right now. He says the game is incredible, but it is a system hog!!!

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
the newest CGW has a dvd with a 2 minute doom3 preview on it, looks good (though the res isnt that high) lots of action shots in it, worth picking up

also has 5 games on it free (dues ex, thief 2, americas army [pffft] warlords:battlecry, dark age of camelot0

also has shareware doom95 on it

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: xSauronx
the newest CGW has a dvd with a 2 minute doom3 preview on it, looks good (though the res isnt that high) lots of action shots in it, worth picking up

also has 5 games on it free (dues ex, thief 2, americas army [pffft] warlords:battlecry, dark age of camelot0

also has shareware doom95 on it

I have that issue... that Doom 3 trailer on there is months old... I've had it for a LONG time.