Discussion Don't you just hate...

Jul 27, 2020
Don't you just hate:

Emails from vendors that suddenly change language without any action on your part? I'm now receiving VMWARE emails in French!

People signing up to services with your email and the service not sending a verification OTP code to your email to confirm if it really IS you? I'm looking at you, Snapchat! :mad:

Time flying and compressing when you are having fun but actually dilating when you are desperately waiting for something?

Not being able to build your perfect dream custom laptop?

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I had someone email bomb one of my accounts a few years ago. Signed me up to maybe 1000 different newsletters/websites. I don't know what the point was, because I don't think they ever had access to my email, so if they were trying to bury a reset link to some other more critical page it wouldn't have made sense.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I had someone with my same first name and last name using my firstname.lastname gmail address to sign up for shit, so once I got the emails, I'd go in and cancel whatever the account was. The jack-ass apparently also gave it to his kid's football league, and I got emails from his local national guard office, and his insurance agent, I forget what-all else 😡

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I work in a very bilingual company. I've seen the language change, within the same email. The funny thing is my brain processes it normally and I only realize it after, it's like "wait... when did we switch to French?" . Happens all the time on the phone too, we'll switch back and forth lol. Usually you get hung up on a word and forget the English or French way of saying it then say it in the other language and switch the whole conversation lol.

On similar note, lot of websites seem to default to French for me latetly, it's kind of odd. Princess Auto, Amazon and Canadian Tire. Home Depot was doing it for a bit too.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I had someone email bomb one of my accounts a few years ago. Signed me up to maybe 1000 different newsletters/websites. I don't know what the point was, because I don't think they ever had access to my email, so if they were trying to bury a reset link to some other more critical page it wouldn't have made sense.

That's what the spam folder is for.

I'll see most unwanted emails a maximum of once.