Don't you hate people who brag about stupid, trivial accomplishments?

Have you finished your tax returns?

• Yes, I'm as awesome as ironwing!

• No, I feel inadaquate in the presence of such greatness.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I usually send it off to this lady who does them, and it only costs 20 bucks (which is not a lot considering I get a few grand out of it). Too complicated for me. :p So many rules and exceptions and all that. I would not even know where to start. Also have to know all the little tricks to get more money.

I should be getting a lot this year because of the renovation program.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I totally just voted in your pole! :awe:

KT

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ni**as always want credit for some shit they supposed to do. A ni**a will brag about some shit a normal man just does. A ni**a will say some shit like, "I take care of my kids." You're supposed to, you dumb motherfucker! What kind of ignorant shit is that? "I ain't never been to jail!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having motherfucker!

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
People still pay taxes? I thought that they repealed that law?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Nope. I have an accountant who will do them for me. Only costs $100 or so.
$100?!? That's more than I make! Anyway, I'm rushing to get my state return filed in hope of getting a refund before Arizona switches to issuing I.O.U.s for refunds.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Ni**as always want credit for some shit they supposed to do. A ni**a will brag about some shit a normal man just does. A ni**a will say some shit like, "I take care of my kids." You're supposed to, you dumb motherfucker! What kind of ignorant shit is that? "I ain't never been to jail!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having motherfucker!

Only black people can use that word!

Feb 19, 2001
my friend who's several years older than me posted in facebook "401k? fsa/hsa? ira? so confusing.. so much reading to do"

my thoughts: so i'm a few years younger than you and i have been working at a real job that offers retirement and health care for almost 2 years now. what have you been doing since you graduated.

a few days later: facebook status reads "yay im so proud i picked my own funds (for my 401k)! now I have an investment portfolio!"

my thoughts: ok, so i have friends who got out of high school and invested in college and basically paid for their own college education simply because they were that good at investment. you're excited that you just learned how to allocate a portfolio for your 401k? something that i've had for years now since I got out of school?

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
I know someone who bragged about getting his MCSA :p

Last edited:

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Completing your return in January? That's unAmerican! I'm pretty sure the IRS flags any returns received before the end of January. Many happy audits.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
have none of the paperwork for mine yet.

not even the paperwork from teh mortgage company about how much interest I paid

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
I learned not to file right off the bat. Had another source of income I needed to claim come in after the fact and had to file an amendment. After that I was audited, wouldn't you know, and my accountant made an error so I owed more!!!! : /

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
my friend who's several years older than me posted in facebook "401k? fsa/hsa? ira? so confusing.. so much reading to do"

my thoughts: so i'm a few years younger than you and i have been working at a real job that offers retirement and health care for almost 2 years now. what have you been doing since you graduated.

a few days later: facebook status reads "yay im so proud i picked my own funds (for my 401k)! now I have an investment portfolio!"

my thoughts: ok, so i have friends who got out of high school and invested in college and basically paid for their own college education simply because they were that good at investment. you're excited that you just learned how to allocate a portfolio for your 401k? something that i've had for years now since I got out of school?

you want a cookie? that stuff's complicated if you've never been exposed to it. you do realize that some things come easier to some people than others, right? Otherwise we'd all be smug know-it-alls like you.

wiredspider

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
have none of the paperwork for mine yet.

I learned not to file right off the bat. Had another source of income I needed to claim come in after the fact and had to file an amendment. After that I was audited, wouldn't you know, and my accountant made an error so I owed more!!!! : /

These, one year I had to do an X form to pay $1 more in taxes because of a late document...