Don't you hate it when you're not feeling well...

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
My chest is congested and feeling a little weak but no body ache like with the flu. I would like to call in but not feeling sick enough to warrant it.:(

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
can you drive? can you get out of bed?

you'll be fine, just take a cold pill and drink lots of water

Stillhouse

May 17, 2006
Fake it.

I hate doing that, not calling in and then halfway into the workday getting slammed and feeling like crap.

BTW, I'm just getting over a cold myself. Ruined my weekend. :(

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Originally posted by: FoBoT
can you drive? can you get out of bed?

you'll be fine, just take a cold pill and drink lots of water

I can drive just fine. As much as I don't want to get out of bed I still can. Besides that I'm not really showing any signs of being sick (coughing, sneezing...) although my body says otherwise.

Hammerhead

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2001
Keep your germs at home. Your co-workers will thank you for it.
I hate when people are sick and still come in to work because they want to be iron-man.
Fvck that! It's not about showing everyone that you're a super trooper, it's about not infecting the office with your cold.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
It's possible I could've went to work but I feel like crap. It's no fun working when you feel like crap and can't concentrate. So I'm staying home... my job isn't that important where I absolutely HAD to be there today.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I called in sick one day, and the next day, I was overwhelmed with work. I Just have to keep working.

S Freud

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
I can't call in sick, where I work they opperate on a points system. If you accumulate too many points you risk being fired, calling in sick equals three points. It takes about 15 points before you risk being fired.

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
you dont call into work when your sick, you call in when your felling good and want a day off to screw off :D

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Originally posted by: j00fek
you dont call into work when your sick, you call in when your felling good and want a day off to screw off :D

Now that I think about it, most of the times I called in where because of that and because I was hung over. Very rarely do I call in because I'm really sick.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm a contractor and have been for the past two and half years, so I get no vacation or sick time. That equals me never calling in sick unless I'm basically on my death bed.

marulee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Stillhouse
Fake it.

I hate doing that, not calling in and then halfway into the workday getting slammed and feeling like crap.

BTW, I'm just getting over a cold myself. Ruined my weekend. :(

:p