Don't want to stereotype but...

Aug 8, 2010
I moved from a racially and ethnically diverse medium sized city in the northeast to a small midwest town where everyone is either Polish, German, or Norwegian, or some combination. I'm 1/2 Italian, or as they would say here, Eye-Talian.

Nothing against northern or central Europeans, but what an uptight bunch.

We're really trying to like it here, but it's a struggle.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
It doesn't matter what race it is but anywhere you move that doesn't see much of any race but their own is going to act weird to you.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Do you look like this guy? That might be why. :D

ronnie-magro-jersey-shore.jpg

Aug 8, 2010
A lot of the neighbors here seem to have time limits on conversations. 90 seconds is enough for them then they cut you off.

I have to say, people are pretty helpful. If you have a problem, you can expect someone will help.

The police presence is overwhelming. There's hardly any crime so they vigorously enforce every minor traffic violation. They should fire half the police force and save some money.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yeah, I guess there's no perfect place. Just venting a bit.

look at it this way, I'm stuck in a 1950's ranch house, in a ghetto ass neighborhood with meth, break-ins, and people dealing prescription drugs

I would love to have your problems!

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
being 100% German, I can tell you that we're not really uptite...just more down to business than most.

I don't like to chit chat. If you need something from me, just give me a brisk version and I'll do anything I can to help you out. Also, we tend to focus on details. I'm a nut for spending days or weeks trying to get one tiny problem fixed. It doesn't matter that the problem doesn't actually affect anything...I just can't stand knowing there is an issue.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
being 100% German, I can tell you that we're not really uptite...just more down to business than most.

I don't like to chit chat. If you need something from me, just give me a brisk version and I'll do anything I can to help you out. Also, we tend to focus on details. I'm a nut for spending days or weeks trying to get one tiny problem fixed. It doesn't matter that the problem doesn't actually affect anything...I just can't stand knowing there is an issue.

same w/ me =)

except I am only german in adopted name, I am scottish!

I suppose the only difference is that I "think" i know how to fix the problem I am toiling over, hahah

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Just start your jokes with "So a pollock , a kraut, and a Norsky walk into a bar..." and see what happens. :p

On a side note I found a new site to check out when I was finding the term for the Norwegian.

http://www.rsdb.org/

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Just start your jokes with "So a pollock , a kraut, and a Norsky walk into a bar..." and see what happens. :p

They had a delicious lunch, with perfectly chilled beer, and enjoyed an hour of joviality before returning home to their loving families.

:^P

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

On a side note I found a new site to check out when I was finding the term for the Norwegian.

http://www.rsdb.org/

They had a delicious lunch, with perfectly chilled beer, and enjoyed an hour of joviality before returning home to their loving families.

:^P

:biggrin:
I'm half of those. No Norse though.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Stereotyping is awesome, don 't hate it! !ti etah t'nod ,emosewa si gnipytoeretS

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I moved from a racially and ethnically diverse medium sized city in the northeast to a small midwest town where everyone is either Polish, German, or Norwegian, or some combination. I'm 1/2 Italian, or as they would say here, Eye-Talian.

Nothing against northern or central Europeans, but what an uptight bunch.

We're really trying to like it here, but it's a struggle.
I can already tell its more your problem than anyone elses.
Suck it up and deal with it.
I'm not kidding.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Don't forget that since you're talking about white people it's not racist, but if you were talking about blacks or mexicans, Al Sharpton would be knocking on your door.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
You just have to learn the power of the "Hot Dish" or casserole to the great unwashed. Seriously, there's good folks everywhere. You just have to get past the annoying (to you) speaking habits and traditions. Now, get out there and sweep some blue haired ladies off their feet ya damn Dago.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
This is not exclusive to any one race, it happens with all of them.

Yes! He has walked into a den of the wily Douche Bag. My town has a major douche infestation itself. They crawl out of the sewers of hip downtown areas of big cities.