Don't Text and Drive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Originally posted by: reallyscrued
...Wtf.

First of all : Woman driver.

Second : It's a scripted video.

Third: If you take your eyes off the road for that long, you should be killed in an accident.

I text and drive all the time, (I drive a stick btw) and I've never taken my eyes off the road for more than a second. I can usually text without looking at my phone. If I need to read replies, I hold the phone up to the windshield so I can eye the road while I glance at my phone.

It's definitely not the safest, but it beats being glued to your phone and using your knees to steer.

Hope you die alone from that text+drive combo instead of along with someone else. Your bff can wait until you reach your destination

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
No, its really for a second.

I don't carry conversations while driving.

But holy shit, if my friend wants to say: "Yo dude, do you wanna meet at 5 or 6?"

I will type 6 and keep driving.

You can wait, STFU and drive.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
Ok. Thank you all. You've made me see the light. No more texting while driving.

I appreciate the death wishes too. Icing on the cake.

This is the end of this thread for me.

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Snapster
...Wtf.

First of all : Women driver.

Third: If you take your eyes off the road for that long, you should be killed in an accident.

I text and drive all the time, (I drive a stick btw) and I've never taken my eyes off the road for more than a second. I can usually text without looking at my phone. If I need to read replies, I hold the phone up to the windshield so I can eye the road while I glance at my phone.

It's definitely not the safest, but it beats being glued to your phone and using your knees to steer.

And at 60 m/h that's 26.82m in that 'second' you don't see whilst driving one handed (usually your weaker hand), you honestly think you can react to anything that happens in front of you?

Darwin waiting to happen, I just hope you don't kill the person you hit.

That's 29.33 yards for the non-metric people.

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
Ok. Thank you all. You've made me see the light. No more texting while driving.

I appreciate the death wishes too. Icing on the cake.

This is the end of this thread for me.

Your dickscarfery, douchebaggery and arrogance suggest otherwise.

As johnjohn320 said-
You might not be able to start a thread about your first accident, because you'll be dead.

I hope you aren't and I seriously hope you don't injure someone else, but you need to realise that driving is a privilege and as such you have certain responsibilities... you never know when some idiot will step out without looking, or someone will slam on the brakes because they missed their turn or a cat/dog/bunny stepped out in front of them.

You may be an excellent driver (although the opinions you posted suggest otherwise), but you need to watch out for other people and you can't do that if you aren't watching the road.

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Snapster
...Wtf.

First of all : Women driver.

And at 60 m/h that's 26.82m in that 'second' you don't see whilst driving one handed (usually your weaker hand), you honestly think you can react to anything that happens in front of you?

Darwin waiting to happen, I just hope you don't kill the person you hit.

Nope.

But it hasn't happened yet.

And I don't do it if there's someone within 10 car lengths infront of me.

And when it does, and I get into an accident, I will come back to these boards and make a thread of it!

Btw, I think my original message gave off the wrong impression. I don't mean to say whenever I'm driving, I'm texting, I love to drive and usually am doing just that.

But if someone texts me, I find a way to respond while on the road.

And to the person who said it was "women", you realize only one person drives a car right?

10 car lengths is about 50m and about 2 seconds of looking away from the road...

Your sheer disregard for your own safety or those around you makes you a fucking idiot.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
n/m. reallyscrued has been berated plenty on the woman/women thing.

Though, the emphasis on that he drives a stick takes an extra dose of jerk.