Don't really know why I'm making this thread

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
"If you think it's boring, you're not working hard enough."

From the first second, I try to remain completely focused on my workout and body. I don't listen to music as it distracts the mind. While this distraction does ease the stress of the workout, I'd much prefer to develop mental endurance as opposed to relying on distractions. Not that I have anything against those who do listen to music. It's personal preference.

Eventually I get to the point where my body is too stressed to focus on much else.

So far the only thing that really screwed my focus was an INSANELY hot girl walking by directly in front of me. (I was rowing). And IIRC that actually gave me more motivation to kick it up a notch (at least temporarily).

Other guys were doing the same. There was a kind-of "acceleration ripple effect" as she walked through. (The room was practically full, about 80% were guys) :D

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
I'm not a workout warrior, and I struggle to get motivated to enter the fitness room (I converted a spare bedroom). So I installed a HDTV in there and hooked one of my spare computers up to it so I can also play my video files and dvd's. Now I'm on the treadmill 3 times a week or more, and that will increase once I add more stuff. After I get done on the treadmill I'm psyched to start lifting or something but don't have any other equipment yet.