Don't give kids guns for Christmas...

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
"The Anson County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of a 12-year-old boy.

John Vann's sister found him behind a home in the Burnsville area Monday night. Investigators said Vann had a gunshot wound to the head and that a rifle, which he had received for Christmas, was found next to him.

Vann was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center, where he died early Tuesday morning.

Police are waiting on the results of an autopsy to make a final determination on what happened."

Yeah let's call in Sherlock Fvcking Holmes to solve that one.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Instead of blaming guns, we should teach responsibility.

For instance, what if the girl had thrown a rock and fractured his skull?

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Howard
Instead of blaming guns, we should teach responsibility.

For instance, what if the girl had thrown a rock and fractured his skull?

i certainly think education would help. but...really, guns are designed purpose is to kill. a rock has more than a singular use as a weapon.
while guns may now represent more uses they seem to all stem from the purpose to wound or kill.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: WobbleWobble
Rocks aren't designed as weapons.

Guns were designed to kill/injure things.
Actually, you can use guns to turn off TVs.

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002

a double barrel shotgun makes a great back scratcher

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I got a BB gun when I was 14 I think it was. Maybe 15. Anyway, I destroyed a lot of property around the house with it. Awesome gift though. Also, my kids are never getting toy guns. My parents used to let us get any we wanted and looking back I can't believe that I'm still able to see out of both eyes.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I don't think they should give kids bikes either. Do you know how many kids crack their melons open each year on bicycles?

:p

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
The problem isn't the guns, the problem is people who don't know how to use them in a safe & responsible manner.

Giving your kids a gun without proper training is stupid.

Viper GTS

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
The problem isn't the guns, the problem is people who don't know how to use them in a safe & responsible manner.

Viper GTS

But we let police officers have guns, and they get training, yet still they manage to have accidents too. There's video of a policewoman(figures) in LA or Las Vegas, that almost shots a guy in the head cause she kept her finger on the trigger when moving to holster her weapon. Then there was the female cop( i sence trend) that shot some school kid up in Penn when her gun "discharged" and she doesn't know how.

I guess the morale of the story is DONT GIVE GUNS TO WOMEN!! !LOL

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
If you are properly trained in the use of firearms, accidents don't happen. It's a mistake. Mistakes can't be tolerated.

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
See, if Michael Moore was president none of this would have ever happened.

Guns don't kill people, Apes with guns kill people.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MooseKnuckle
If you are properly trained in the use of firearms, accidents don't happen. It's a mistake. Mistakes can't be tolerated.

Originally posted by: Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Responsibility falls to the parents.

When I grew up, there werre very few accidents and as Viper indicated, many grew up with fire-arms around the house. We were trained to use them and understood how they could be deadly.

Nowdays, kids see guns being pointed at people and have no concept that the weapon can do damage. Or they are raised in an environment that it is acceptable.

Young kids see people being shot in movies. A couple of months later, the same actor shot again. What does that imply.
Shooting in video games does the same thing. Numbs the person to what the actual reality is.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: jurzdevil

a double barrel shotgun makes a great back scratcher

Its a great icebreaker at partys and banks too