Don't eat that pot pie... RECALL

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Frozen pot pies suspected in salmonella outbreak

Of course they, ConAgra(Banquet), it trying to blame the consumer. "The Omaha, Nebraska-based food giant said the fault may lie in how consumers are preparing the product."

And for those that have forgot ConAgra is also the same company that had a problem with the peanut butter (Peter pan and wal-marts store brands) and had to recall that as well. But since it does not require cooking they could not blamce consumers in that case.

Way to go ConAgra, setting the bar high for the next big corp. when they F-up.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
fuck it, i dont care i ate one yesterday, im more likely to die on my way to work then to get sick from food poisioning

hell i still have many lbs of Topps meat in my freezer i dont plan on getting rid of

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
On the news they had a company rep that said if you cook it per the directions then there is no risk, it's for those that do not cook fully.

FWIW.

Delita

Jan 12, 2006
Yeah I'm glad its a repost too. Didnt catch it before and I just bought a few of these the other day. I cook these in a conventional oven, but roommate cooks in microwave, so I'll probably take them in for a refund.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Raduque
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Frozen pot pies suspected in salmonella outbreak

Of course they, ConAgra(Banquet), it trying to blame the consumer. "The Omaha, Nebraska-based food giant said the fault may lie in how consumers are preparing the product."

I'd blame the consumer too.

I'd bet most mouthbreathers simply microwave the thing long enough for it not to be frozen.

You do know that microwave do not cook even. YET ConAgra(Banquet) says you can microwave them and there was never a problem until recently. So something has changed, and its not peoples microwaves. Same as their peanut butter (PeterPan/walmart brand).

Mr Incognito

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2007
*opens freezer and sees 5 chicken/turkey pot pies* Looks like I know what I'm NOT having for dinner tonight.