Don't date someone you work with (Don't get your honey where you get your bread!)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phlargo

Jul 21, 2004
There's a reason that this has become such a maxim in our society - it's true. You really don't want to date those you work with. They don't just go away when you're done dating them.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: allisolm
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Well...you asked.

I'm blaming her because she is:
A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4...with nails in it...with a 1-pound slab of lead on the end...with the 2x4 on fire...during a full moon so it has mega-magic effect.
You asked.[/i]

You chose her.
And just why did the two of you have to sneak off from work for a quickie instead of meeting up after work?

Because it's more fun shagging on work time :thumbsup:

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
You're already chuckling to yourself, aren't you?

You're thinking; "I've got it ALL figured out in advance, buddy! I've pre-calculated for the "X" and the "Y" AND the "Z! There's nothing that can happen, or shiet she can pull that will mess with my little world!"

Buddy, I'm here to tell you otherwise. :(

It's ALL good in the beginning; you see each other at the 9:00AM meeting. You go to lunch together (but slip out the Employee Entrance) separately (but planned) at 9:45 at 9:50, respectively. You have that morning quickee at her place and you're both back at work by 11:30. Nobody knows anything...but you both know what you just did...and you LOVE IT.

Yeah, what the fcking ever. A few real dates later, you realize that her friends are just so far below your standards and you wonder WHY The Fck she hangs out w/them? You tell her...bad idea. She lets YOU know that "Oh...You're not as cool as I thought!"

Whatever! :roll:

Bottom Line: Don't date anyone you work with...it will end up poorly and now you have to SEE EACH OTHER in the hallways and stuff. And it sucks. You will want to shoot her.
looks like you learned that lesson the hard way

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE

Sounds like it was your fault for getting into this in the first place.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
You screwed up on your math, because work is supposed to be where you GET AWAY from your SO. If you don't have any time to get apart...wow....I think that's one of Dante's levels of hell.

LeadMagnet

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
60% of all marriages come from people working togather. My wife and I meet at a small 15 peson company (out of that company 3 marriages were made)

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Fritzo
You screwed up on your math, because work is supposed to be where you GET AWAY from your SO. If you don't have any time to get apart...wow....I think that's one of Dante's levels of hell.

:thumbsup:

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Get a job in the engineering sector. You'll never have to worry about dating a woman from work.