Don't date someone you work with (Don't get your honey where you get your bread!)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zaitsevs

Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: pontifex
hate to tell you this, but bust on the friends of any girl you're dating (co-worker or not) and its going to get rough.

not sure why you're blaming this on the girl. :confused:

Well...you asked.

I'm blaming her because she is:

A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4.

You asked.

so you're better than her by coming to an internet forum and complaining about her? i guess i'm missing something

YEP. Why? B/C I choose to vent my frustrations instead of taking them out on my next partner.

Seriously; it was a really fun time...shame it didn't work out.

well, I think it's fine to vent on an internet forum. I like hearing negative, positive and even troll feedback sometimes. (trolling can be funny....at times)

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Descartes
I quit reading when you said her friends are "below your standards." How old are you again?

Just different people and different standards/ choices.

I generally would not hang around a bunch of pillers/ more hardcore drug users. I wouldn't think I was better, just that I don't want to hang around people who pill and are in to harder drugs. Just not my thing.

Koing

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Zaitsevs
hate to tell you this, but bust on the friends of any girl you're dating (co-worker or not) and its going to get rough.

Well...you asked.

A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4.

You asked.

Good, fill yourself with negative thoughts about her, you will soon fill yourself with hatred and thoughts of not caring.

Soon enough you will build a shield of not caring, and wear a little hat that says it.

Find somebody who is worth your time, and treats you like you need/deserve to be treated, and doesn't hang out with deadbeats. ( at least that's how they sounded)

Well, if anything, I'm honest. I just KNEW from the get-go it wasn't going to work out...yet I continually tried to mold the situation to my liking. It doesn't surprise me that it didn't work out. I asked for it.

BUT that doesn't mean I won't bitch and moan about it! :D

Zaitsevs

Oct 31, 2005

Well...you asked.

You asked.

Good, fill yourself with negative thoughts about her, you will soon fill yourself with hatred and thoughts of not caring.

Soon enough you will build a shield of not caring, and wear a little hat that says it.

Find somebody who is worth your time, and treats you like you need/deserve to be treated, and doesn't hang out with deadbeats. ( at least that's how they sounded)

Well, if anything, I'm honest. I just KNEW from the get-go it wasn't going to work out...yet I continually tried to mold the situation to my liking. It doesn't surprise me that it didn't work out. I asked for it.

yeah, and ATOT is the perfect place for it.

I will at least try for a constructive commentary.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000

B!tch and moan away :thumbsup:

Koing

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

Well...you asked.

You asked.

yeah, and ATOT is the perfect place for it.

I will at least try for a constructive commentary.

Sorry...did you mean that sarcastically? ATOT IS the perfect place for it. Teh Anonymous Intarwebz is my free Dr. Phil, you know.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

Well...you asked.

A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4...with nails in it...with a 1-pound slab of lead on the end...with the 2x4 on fire...during a full moon so it has mega-magic effect.

You asked.

But overall she's a great piece of ass and sucks like a hoover! :eek:

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000

Bottom Line: Don't date anyone you work with...it will end up poorly and now you have to SEE EACH OTHER in the hallways and stuff. And it sucks. You will want to shoot her.

Tell me about it, I ended up marrying the woman I dated from work!!!

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
You're already chuckling to yourself, aren't you?

You're thinking; "I've got it ALL figured out in advance, buddy! I've pre-calculated for the "X" and the "Y" AND the "Z! There's nothing that can happen, or shiet she can pull that will mess with my little world!"

Buddy, I'm here to tell you otherwise. :(

It's ALL good in the beginning; you see each other at the 9:00AM meeting. You go to lunch together (but slip out the Employee Entrance) separately (but planned) at 9:45 at 9:50, respectively. You have that morning quickee at her place and you're both back at work by 11:30. Nobody knows anything...but you both know what you just did...and you LOVE IT.

Yeah, what the fcking ever. A few real dates later, you realize that her friends are just so far below your standards and you wonder WHY The Fck she hangs out w/them? You tell her...bad idea. She lets YOU know that "Oh...You're not as cool as I thought!"

Whatever! :roll:

Bottom Line: Don't date anyone you work with...it will end up poorly and now you have to SEE EACH OTHER in the hallways and stuff. And it sucks. You will want to shoot her.

So you fvcked up by badmouthing her friends in front of her. This has WHAT to do with you working together?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Looks like someone met one of those ghetto biatches, who works in the office and dresses and smells nice....til you collide with her real world. :shocked:

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Well...you asked.

A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4...with nails in it...with a 1-pound slab of lead on the end...with the 2x4 on fire...during a full moon so it has mega-magic effect.

You asked.

we're all glad that you are perfect ;)

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Well...you asked.

You asked.[/i]

You chose her.
And just why did the two of you have to sneak off from work for a quickie instead of meeting up after work?