Don't date someone you work with (Don't get your honey where you get your bread!)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
You're already chuckling to yourself, aren't you?

You're thinking; "I've got it ALL figured out in advance, buddy! I've pre-calculated for the "X" and the "Y" AND the "Z! There's nothing that can happen, or shiet she can pull that will mess with my little world!"

Buddy, I'm here to tell you otherwise. :(

It's ALL good in the beginning; you see each other at the 9:00AM meeting. You go to lunch together (but slip out the Employee Entrance) separately (but planned) at 9:45 at 9:50, respectively. You have that morning quickee at her place and you're both back at work by 11:30. Nobody knows anything...but you both know what you just did...and you LOVE IT.

Yeah, what the fcking ever. A few real dates later, you realize that her friends are just so far below your standards and you wonder WHY The Fck she hangs out w/them? You tell her...bad idea. She lets YOU know that "Oh...You're not as cool as I thought!"

Whatever! :roll:

Bottom Line: Don't date anyone you work with...it will end up poorly and now you have to SEE EACH OTHER in the hallways and stuff. And it sucks. You will want to shoot her.

Dec 28, 2001
Just be grown up and mature about it.

Of course, it's impossible if you've been dumped. Sucks to be you. :D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
is it ok to point and laugh?

:)

My friend, the way I feel right now...how pissed off I am...how ANGRY I am that after all these years, I LET IT HAPPEN....I'd prefer you throw rocks and knock my ass out.

Good nookie = blindness to stuff you saw earlier, but chose to ignore. :(

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: conjur
is it ok to point and laugh?

:)
My friend, the way I feel right now...how pissed off I am...how ANGRY I am that after all these years, I LET IT HAPPEN....I'd prefer you throw rocks and knock my ass out.

Good nookie = blindness to stuff you saw earlier, but chose to ignore. :(
I think you should volunteer to be on a Dr. Phil show.

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: loup garou
YAMDT

I've been gone awhile. WWYBYGB?

Yet Another MichaelD Thread

Anyhow, I was just joshin' ya on the previous thred -you've got to learn to relax a little man - I mean it sucks and all, and yeah, you're venting, btu I get the feeling that you take things very personally on a social level.

I don't smoke anything, nor do I usually condone it, but if there's an exception, well - I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Not heard the honey and bread reference. I have heard don't sh!t where you eat one :p

Koing

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
I've learned my lesson of dating in the workplace..never again. Not quite the situation you had..actually not at all :p

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Schadenfreude
Originally posted by: loup garou
YAMDT

I've been gone awhile. WWYBYGB?

Yet Another MichaelD Thread

Anyhow, I was just joshin' ya on the previous thred -you've got to learn to relax a little man - I mean it sucks and all, and yeah, you're venting, btu I get the feeling that you take things very personally on a social level.

I don't smoke anything, nor do I usually condone it, but if there's an exception, well - I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

HUH? What previous thread? :confused: Dude, I'm lucky I remember what I typed a few minutes ago...let alone on some other thread.

Please; give a small brain a break. WTF RU talking about?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Cooler
You knew better! I have no pity for you.

And THAT is what angers me the most. You're 100% correct. I knew this from the get-go...but damn...it was FUN. :cool::beer:

Cooler

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2005

And THAT is what angers me the most. You're 100% correct. I knew this from the get-go...but damn...it was FUN. :cool::beer:

If you dont want to see her any more you have two choices

A. Quit/Get Fired.
B. Get Her Fired.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Well, that's kinda taken care of itself. I'm moving to a new city in two weeks. :D She is well aware of it.

That said: we've been having problems since the get-go. :roll: So it's not like this split comes at a convenient time. The past couple of months has been more of a convenience than anything, for both of us.

Still...it would please me if DiAf applied to her. :evil:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
hate to tell you this, but bust on the friends of any girl you're dating (co-worker or not) and its going to get rough.

not sure why you're blaming this on the girl. :confused:

Zaitsevs

Oct 31, 2005

hey man.

you said it yourself. IT WAS FUN!

so, take that into consideration. yeah she's a b!tch, you want to shoot her and not have to deal with her.

but it was fun, and you enjoyed yourself did you not?

take that into consideration, and yeah might have been a little time wasted, but hey, at least it was FUN? haha.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: pontifex
hate to tell you this, but bust on the friends of any girl you're dating (co-worker or not) and its going to get rough.

Well...you asked.

I'm blaming her because she is:

A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4...with nails in it...with a 1-pound slab of lead on the end...with the 2x4 on fire...during a full moon so it has mega-magic effect.

You asked.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

Well...you asked.

A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4.

You asked.

so you're better than her by coming to an internet forum and complaining about her? i guess i'm missing something. had you mentioned that in the OP i might have been a little more understanding but as far as i'm concerned you got what you deserved. you made fun of her friends basically and she got pissed. pretty sure thats what most people would do.

Zaitsevs

Oct 31, 2005

Well...you asked.

A psychotic, multiple personality, closed-minded, ungrateful, selfish, unreliable, frustrating, unpredictable little temptress with the maturity and rationalization skills of an 8-year-old, even though she's 27, and she CHOOSES to remain in that mindset and somebody needs to hit her upside the head with a 2x4.

You asked.

Good, fill yourself with negative thoughts about her, you will soon fill yourself with hatred and thoughts of not caring.

Soon enough you will build a shield of not caring, and wear a little hat that says it.

Find somebody who is worth your time, and treats you like you need/deserve to be treated, and doesn't hang out with deadbeats. ( at least that's how they sounded)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

Well...you asked.

You asked.

so you're better than her by coming to an internet forum and complaining about her? i guess i'm missing something

YEP. Why? B/C I choose to vent my frustrations instead of taking them out on my next partner.

Seriously; it was a really fun time...shame it didn't work out.