Don't brag about how little you sleep or how many hrs you work.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Sacrificing your health and well-being for a company that doesn't give a crap about you is not cool. C-level execs get let go in a blink of an eye. They move on just fine.

We are all working very hard. You are a dumbass youre pulling 70-80 hrs and actually brag about being abused.

Learn some emptional intelligence and grow up.

Last edited:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
That should be a given. What set this off for you?

Nothing in particular. I did have couple of buds who casually did this long ago.

But these petpeeves bother me so much i just want ATOT to hear it and if some do this? Perhaps pause to stfu about it in the future.

Reactions: Muse

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Well, the new American dream is to work a bazillion hours as a cube monkey in some big city hell hole so that you can retire at 45 and start living. Never mind all your experience and perspective has critically changed you into a zombie.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Well, the new American dream is to work a bazillion hours as a cube monkey in some big city hell hole so that you can retire at 45 and start living. Never mind all your experience and perspective has critically changed you into a zombie.
LOL you mean retire before 70 if lucky.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
The only way to justify working those kinds of hours would be if you had an iron-clad deal that would allow you to retire very comfortably by 40. And you didn't want kids. Or were okay with having your wife raise them by herself.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
The only way to justify working those kinds of hours would be if you had an iron-clad deal that would allow you to retire very comfortably by 40. And you didn't want kids. Or were okay with having your wife raise them by herself.
We're talking corporations here. Since when did they ever care about employee burnout?

Reactions: highland145

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
What planet is this

Nov 8, 2012
Heh, I agree.

But... like...biologically... kids will FUCK you up as far as consistent good sleep is concerned.... So... Kids will kill you?

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
What planet is this
Exactly, since most of us will never get an "iron-clad deal to retire very comfortably by age 40," it's not at all advisable to work yourself to death for any company.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Exactly, since most of us will never get an "iron-clad deal to retire very comfortably by age 40," it's not at all advisable to work yourself to death for any company.
I dont even know where Paladin3 got this idea. Its so bizarre

What profession allows you to get an iron-clad contract have you retire at 40 in any industry?

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
I work directly under a C-Level, he preaches work life balance, but in reality - I have to do what I have to do to get the job done and cant burn my team out so I try and cover for them while I up my hours. Frozen headcount and budgets mean I aint getting any help!

I don't brag about my hours because yeah, that makes you look like a douche. But I'm happy to not be pulling 80hr weeks consulting any longer so the 55-60hr weeks don't bother me too much.

I get paid very well, I get large stock awards, I get large raises - Complaining or bragging about my hours just makes me look like an ungrateful fuck. I'm shaving years off my retirement for each year I work for this place so yeah, I'll suck it the fuck up.