Done with your Christmas shopping yet?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
I am like 95% done. Did most of it online during the long Thanksgiving weekend. Now I can just sit back and have it all come to me shipped free via UPS/Fedex/USPS.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yep. Unless we change plans. Total cost = US$13.50 plus shipping so probably end up at $20.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I give them the gift of my presence, so other presents are unnecessary. They know this.

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
I am very close ... just need some small items for my daughters and I can wrap it all up and forget about it. Well, I still need to do my ATOT Secret Santa shopping, but plan on getting that done this weekend too.

chr6

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2002
im terrible at getting presents, one year i got them all at a gas station on the way home for christmas eve

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
I have everything picked up for the most part, just need to pull the trigger.

glenn beck

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
I am at 0% done as of right now. But everyone I know wants a gift card, so I can just pick them up at the grocery store :awe:

May 13, 2009
No still gotta get a few things for my motorcycle and pick up maybe a couple of pc games to play.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
Wife done. Daughter...haven't started. What do you get a 2 year old that already has enough crap lying around for me to trip on?

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Done. My wife and I did some redecorating over the last couple of months and decided that was our Christmas present to each other. Works for me as I hate shopping and am terrible a choosing gifts.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I'm done with the easy ones. Now the hard ones. For example, I'm not too close with my sister because she lives in another state. I have no idea what she wants. She doesn't ever give a reasonable gift list either. She always gives me cash, and I don't want to just turn around and give the same to her. I've recently convinced her to stop giving birthday gifts to each other as that was pointless. But I'm reluctant to skip Christmas too. Probably will end up with another set of vanilla candles that I give her every year.

Wife done. Daughter...haven't started. What do you get a 2 year old that already has enough crap lying around for me to trip on?
You can attempt to get her a better life by rescuing her from this consumerist, materialistic, debt-ridden path she appears to be on. Or a few more toys.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
I'm done with the easy ones. Now the hard ones. For example, I'm not too close with my sister because she lives in another state. I have no idea what she wants. She doesn't ever give a reasonable gift list either. She always gives me cash, and I don't want to just turn around and give the same to her. I've recently convinced her to stop giving birthday gifts to each other as that was pointless. But I'm reluctant to skip Christmas too. Probably will end up with another set of vanilla candles that I give her every year.

No more vanilla candles, please.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
My wife and I have a $300 budget per each of us.

I bought her a Sony Ebook reader for $200 and have $100 left.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to just spend the rest on a massage spa she's been dying to go to forever.

For everyone else my wife takes care of it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

heh i agree. we don't get much for the younger kids (son is 3). though we did get him a drum set since he loves to play them. the kids across the street have a set and my son is fascinated by them.

otherwise we got him some underwoos and snow toys.

I think kids get frustrated with having to many toys around at once. we rotate his toys every few months (that way he thinks they are new) when he does not seem to be playing with them. Also seems with less toys around the more he uses his imagination to play.

my daughter we got her a dollhouse and dance lessons.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I finished up a few weeks ago.

Me and my twin brother went in half and half with each other to get something we wanted (girlfriend is on these forums, so not going to say yet).

Girlfriend knows shes getting some computer parts for Christmas, but also several more things she doesn't know about. This year tops around $550 for her.

I spent $200 on getting my in ear monitors put into a custom shell back in August, and I just spent $450 on getting my teeth resealed. I consider those Christmas gifts to myself. I think the gf is going to get me a little something. Other than that I don't intend to receive anything else.