Donald Trump's Trade War backfires: Shanghai index up 4%, US index down 10% from highs

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I wish our index would go up 4% in one day. Too bad China doesn't have a leader like Donald who would destroy their economy and make America great again.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
From your link:

The move was the Shanghai's best weekly pop since March 2016. The Shanghai is in a bear market, and the strong weekly gain doesn't necessarily change that condition. Bear markets are known for delivering big, short-term gains as they try to identify a bottom.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Isn't it sad that Trump's policies are leading to the biggest rallies in the Chinese market in years at the same time that large parts of the US are in a bear market? I guess he's just not that good at fighting trade wars. Low energy Trump bested by Xi again.

I look forward to seeing more of the fruits of Trump's labor as President. My guess is that 10% off of highs for the better parts of the index will feel like we were on top of the world in a year or two when Trump's lost trade war is in full effect.

The good news is when it all goes to shit we'll know exactly who was to blame for the Recession/Depression: Trump and his army of deplorables.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
From your link:

The move was the Shanghai's best weekly pop since March 2016. The Shanghai is in a bear market, and the strong weekly gain doesn't necessarily change that condition. Bear markets are known for delivering big, short-term gains as they try to identify a bottom.

Large parts of the US index are in a bear market. Where is our relief rally for Goldman Sachs and JPM? Oh wait, we have Trump running things... so there is no relief!

It takes a good leader, like Xi, to get the market to rally 4%. Trump is happy when he gets it to rally .7% because he's a LOSER.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Well every republican since Roosevelt has had a recession. Trump can't let them beat him, so hell be sure to cause one.

Jan 25, 2011
Shanghai SSE index in February. 3500. Now. 2650. That’s a 25% decrease.

You’re comparing a one day rally against sustained performance. Now compare both over the same period.

And what date are you using for this 10% measure exactly?

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Shanghai SSE index in February. 3500. Now. 2650. That’s a 25% decrease.

You’re comparing a one day rally against sustained performance. Now compare both over the same period.

And what date are you using for this 10% measure exactly?

You do realize who you’re talking to right?