Donald Trump's base is in fact a cult. Possibly including YOU.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I went to an obama rally during the 08 campaign....maybe primaries?... anyway it was so electrifying and amazing to be around a gigantic amount of people who were essentially 100% behind this guy. When he finally got on stage it was almost better then seeing your favorite rockstar. He spoke my language and validated my feelings.

So yeah I get it with Trump voters. It’s not the end of the world....but it is very dangerous for us to idealize our turn our leaders into gods. Treating them like rock stars though is probably a inevitable.

Obama will be revered like Abraham Lincoln and hated by half of the country as a devil born in Kenya or whatever. Trump seems destined for a similar treatment.

oh, so wrong. lol.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I went to an obama rally during the 08 campaign....maybe primaries?... anyway it was so electrifying and amazing to be around a gigantic amount of people who were essentially 100% behind this guy. When he finally got on stage it was almost better then seeing your favorite rockstar. He spoke my language and validated my feelings.

So yeah I get it with Trump voters. It’s not the end of the world....but it is very dangerous for us to idealize our turn our leaders into gods. Treating them like rock stars though is probably a inevitable.

Obama will be revered like Abraham Lincoln and hated by half of the country as a devil born in Kenya or whatever. Trump seems destined for a similar treatment.

History will not be nearly as kind to Trump as Obama.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

A Rock Star is a far cry from a God. Trump's base are treating him like a God. The problem with that? Blind Faith.

I "love" Obama but I didn't love every thing he did or excuse it or try to make everything he did fit in to my ideology.

It's different and it's glaringly obvious.

Cut it out.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A Rock Star is a far cry from a God. Trump's base are treating him like a God. The problem with that? Blind Faith.

I "love" Obama but I didn't love every thing he did or excuse it or try to make everything he did fit in to my ideology.

Cut it out.

The difference in the messaging is profound- hope & change vs bitterness & bile.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I don't remember Obama supporters doing anything as mindless as chanting "Lock her up" 18 months after the election.

Comrades don't lock up other comrades.

Wanna know how I know you are a fucking idiot and or liar?

No because you've already proven your angry 2 year old and an idiot yourself with that statement.

What happens? Paperfist looks like an extreme idiot for even suggesting it. Like... every time, with out fail. Tried it several times with the same result. It's peculiar that you invited it but there ya have it folks.

Do you even know what a cult is? I'll give you a hint, you don't have one.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
"You" is who, exactly? Oh, yeh, it's all the Republicans in the Special Counsel investigation, right? Appointed by Rod Rosenstein, a Republican. Assisted by the Trump hating leftists of the FBI.

They were chanting lock her up long before any of that happened, so try again with the excuse making.

"You", those not of the Cult. I could have said we. That also fits.

You yourself were discussing that fact that it did not settle down after the election. I am pointedly explaining that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"You", those not of the Cult. I could have said we. That also fits.

You yourself were discussing that fact that it did not settle down after the election. I am pointedly explaining that.

You're just trying to explain away & rationalize the irrational nature of Hillary hate. Trumpster's response to any mention of her is Pavlovian. It feels good to hate. That's the emotional reward driving it all. Trump will provide it every chance he gets.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

No because you've already proven your angry 2 year old and an idiot yourself with that statement.

If (in your case) you don't know you're in a cult, you're in one. Defend Trump for any reason at this point and you are absolutely a Cult45 scumbag.

Reactions: umbrella39

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
The inanity of that bolsters the OP's point entirely. Conspiracy theory shields you from the truth.

What does "Lock her up" 18 months after the election have to do with Trump having a cult? It was rhetoric that he never intended to follow up on.

So when Clinton said, “You could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right,” that's not mindless chanting as well used to evoke the same kind of emotion Trump used?

If (in your case) you don't know you're in a cult, you're in one. Defend Trump for any reason at this point and you are absolutely a Cult45 scumbag.

Who's defending Trump?

Sorry hate to break it to you, but I don't have any Trump books, pictures, used underwear, bookmarked youtube videos, etc I use as aids to pray to Trump and his teachings.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Ah, so you already know why you are a fucking idiot... That's good... Stop posting stupid is the next logical step...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What does "Lock her up" 18 months after the election have to do with Trump having a cult? It was rhetoric that he never intended to follow up on.

So when Clinton said, “You could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right,” that's not mindless chanting as well used to evoke the same kind of emotion Trump used?

Denial with duh-version into the inevitable "But Hillary!"

Watch how Trump leads the Faithful into the chant at a recent rally-

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lock-her-hillary-clinton-1056282

Notice how he keeps them on the hook with the promise to make it different so their wish to lock her up can be fulfilled.

It's as mindless as "Go Team, Go!" except it's not nearly as trivial as a sports event.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

Who's defending Trump?

Sorry hate to break it to you, but I don't have any Trump books, pictures, used underwear, bookmarked youtube videos, etc I use as aids to pray to Trump and his teachings.
LOL! No you're just "blessed" with a fu*ked up mind if you can manage to find any decency in Trump or his policies.

Reactions: paperfist

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Cut it out.
I can name the first thing Obama did i vehemently disagreed with.

I can also name the thing I think he failed to do? Think Trump people are capable of the same introspective?

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I can name the first thing Obama did i vehemently disagreed with.

I can also name the thing I think he failed to do? Think Trump people are capable of the same introspective?
Yes.

... Being born black.
I can name the second thing as well. Being Democrat.

Reactions: HomerJS

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
LOL! No you're just "blessed" with a fu*ked up mind if you can manage to find any decency in Trump or his policies.

He's extra crazy for sure, but not everything he touches turns to turds.

Denial with duh-version into the inevitable "But Hillary!"

Watch how Trump leads the Faithful into the chant at a recent rally-

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lock-her-hillary-clinton-1056282

Notice how he keeps them on the hook with the promise to make it different so their wish to lock her up can be fulfilled.

It's as mindless as "Go Team, Go!" except it's not nearly as trivial as a sports event.

Seriously how do I get banned from this forum? It's illogical.

Ah are you watching what you linked me to? He didn't say anything about locking her up, the article references that from 2006. They did that on their own.

He's at a rally, he's saying very nice things about people he doesn't even know. He wants their money, their votes, their hatred. Isn't this exactly what every political rally is about? You wouldn't represent one if you started saying, "Hey those democrats are awesome, they tried to shut all you coal miners down, it was really great. I'm so proud you guys stood up to them on your own and won that battle" Noooooooo that wouldn't happen.

Ah, so you already know why you are a fucking idiot... That's good... Stop posting stupid is the next logical step...

Says the person with a 3rd grade potty mouth that he learned from his dad and now has this magical new word on repeat.

When's the last time you looked in the mirror? Your hatred and limited vocabulary makes you look just like Trump.

Last edited:

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
He's extra crazy for sure, but not everything he touches turns to turds.

Seriously how do I get banned from this forum? It's illogical.

Ah are you watching what you linked me to? He didn't say anything about locking her up, the article references that from 2006. They did that on their own.

He's at a rally, he's saying very nice things about people he doesn't even know. He wants their money, their votes, their hatred. Isn't this exactly what every political rally is about? You wouldn't represent one if you started saying, "Hey those democrats are awesome, they tried to shut all you coal miners down, it was really great. I'm so proud you guys stood up to them on your own and won that battle" Noooooooo that wouldn't happen.

Says the person with a 3rd grade potty mouth that he learned from his dad and now has this magical new word on repeat.

When's the last time you looked in the mirror? Your hatred and limited vocabulary makes you look just like Trump.
You're wrong. Everything he touches turns to shit. His intention, agenda, nature, personality, spirit is corrupt. He truly has no good in mind for anyone but himself and it's all based on what gives him pleasure. The list of things that bring him pleasure are all vile or tainted in some way. He has not a single redeeming quality. That is the truth of Donald Trump. That anyone expects a damn thing from him is profoundly ignorant regardless of how much he feeds their hate filled souls. Those are the things that define him and that's why it's ONLY sick and disturbed to support him. Even if by some miracle he pushed an agenda or policy I could get on board with it would change nothing about the disease he is. It would change nothing about him being a traitor. The lack of outrage and in fact the support for his treason is horrifying. It should be the snapping point even for the thoroughly broken fu*ks who support him.

Are you capable of naming one good quality he possesses? I will call you a liar if you name one.

*I proudly have a 3rd grade potty mouth because I love swearing. It's just so... satisfying.

dyna

Oct 20, 2006
Head over to youtube and give a look at that Donald Trump rally or campaign ad or whatever the hell that was from Pennsylvania August 2nd 2018.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuufSJ2nqo
One thing is clear. Trump's base is in fact a CULT.
Only a cult follows their leader as Trump's base follows him.
For them, Donald Trump can do no wrong. Whatever Trump says to them they applaud never questioning a single word never questioning a single line never questioning a single statement.
And never questioning the lie.
ONLY within a cult can this take place.
ONLY within a cult will the individual follow the leader as this base follows Donald Trump.

Look a the faces.
Their undying support.
That blank look in the eyes.
Waiting for the next statement from leader. Hanging on every spoken word.
Treating every statement as biblical gospel.
They clap and applaud and go absolutely insane with joy whenever Donald Trump speaks.
Trump says he had a great meeting with Putin, and they fully believe it.
Donald Trump says Soviet interference within our election is a hoax, and his people believe it.
This is amazing, watching an actual cult in action.
And witnessing the devotion to the leader.
Amazing? Yes. Shocking? Certainly. Scary? Absolutely, but... still incredible to witness.

Normal people look on in disbelief.
In shock.
In amazement as Donald Trump speaks to his base, and watch how they react.
While for the rest of us, the normal people, we wonder what the hell are these Trump people thinking?
This can be easily explained.
This is a cult. Plain and simple.
They CAN NOT think!!!!
They have been entranced to only follow.
THAT is a cult. THAT is the power of the cult leader.

We on the outside can not understand this.
We can not imagine this.
But there it is taking place right before our eyes.
All one needs do is watch ANY video of ANY successful cult.
Watch any cult video where the cult leader speaks directly to his (or her) people, and you see the very same faces in the group, the very same expressions, the very same undying devotion.
Within every cult, the cult leader dictates their facts. Dictates their truth. Then his people follow.

Yes, Donald Trump is in fact a cult leader, and his base nothing more than cult members. Followers.
Nothing more nothing less.
So obvious.

Back in 2016 a large part of America became entranced with this Donald Trump guy, including the entire news media. Both conservative and liberal.
Donald Trump had the ability to entranced people. To overpower people. To draw people in.
And frankly, most of those people as well as the entire news media are still caught up within the cult of Donald Trump.
While to the rest of us Trump's hold on his cult might appear as dwindling, lessening, losing it's power, don't believe it.
Not for one moment.
While it may seem this cult is losing power, it is not.

Remember, it is nearly impossible for any individual to escape once caught up within a cult.
And some of the smartest, most intelligent individuals can find themselves caught up within a cult.
Individuals from every background, from every walk of life.
ANYONE can fall victim to a cult if the cult leader possesses the power to entrance.
Plus... being very rich as well as very famous, and the master con artist certainly doesn't hurt the cause.
Think of this as the perfect storm. The perfect storm in the making of a cult leader.

So, who is at fault here? Who is to blame?
The individual? The leader?
Be assured, it is always the leader at fault. Always.
That leader with the power to draw in others, often using his victims to entice new victims.
It grows and grows. Forever expanding.

That victim might appear as normal, and able to function within society, but their mind and soul are fully owned and controlled by the cult, and controlled by the cult leader.
And if anyone believes that one single Donald Trump member will break free finding their way back to reality on their own, think again.
They will become quite visible in the 2018 midterms.

They will come out in force, all of them, to enable their leader Donald Trump once again.
And no one should be surprised when the full news media follows in step.
Both conservative and liberal.
Still playing their love/hate relationship with Donald Trump, all the while giving Donald Trump everything he needs to win. Still caught within the cult of Donald Trump.
If they could only see that for themselves.....
But within any cult when entrapped, it is impossible to see out. To find reality.
If democrats think they will re-take anything come November, they have no idea of the power of this cult.
Members of this Donald Trump cult will hand republicans their victory, including the full news media as well.
All of them have been caught up in this cult. The cult of Donald Trump.
Plus.... don't forget an entire republican party as well.
Least we forget THAT fact.

So shocking for the rest of us to witness.
All of those victims, having no clue as to what has and is happening to them.
They can not understand. That are fully entrapped. They are blindly devoted.
Once entrapped, impossible to escape.

You should get in front of camera and read this aloud and then watch it. You need self realization how crazy this post is. Here is a site that would really put it in the right perspective. http://www.ransomizer.com/

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
They are just puppets. They just never bothered looking for the strings.
No their strings were cut and they're running amok by design. The problem is they don't know or care that they are free (from strings) to turn on their puppet (cult) master.