Donald Trump to make BIG announcement about Pres Obama!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
This subject was covered in detail on Rock Center with Brian Williams hour long show on the LDS church. They even went into one and one of the main warehouses that makes Costco look like a corner store.

As for some links, try this for locations: http://www.ldsemergencyresources.com/bishop-storehouse-locations/

Here is a link for the Brian Williams piece. You should watch the entire episode as I think you have a skewed and perhaps erroneous view of their church. They even interview a gay mormon that holds some position in the church! GASP! The Rock Center website sucks but I am sure they have a better video of it if you are that interested. Check about 30:00 mins in if you want to see what you are asking about. All of this stuff is no strings attached, not sure what you are talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGRtpUbKSNc

Finally, take a look at this web page and tell me again that there work is in anyway being undone by some perceived and erroneous complaint that you may have? http://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/humanitarian-services/

Awesome PR on their part. But buying good will is not my interest, I'm glad you are impressed so easy. They have had a bad rep since their inception and can spare the loose change for good PR. That is not true charity; charity is anonymous and credit-less. Web pages, TV shows and the such is just working their way into the mainstream using a smidgen of their cash. They don't want to be the black sheep of the religious world forever you know.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
If they were good he would have released them LONG ago. You do not hide things that put you in a positive light unless you are an idiot.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Awesome PR on their part. But buying good will is not my interest, I'm glad you are impressed so easy. They have had a bad rep since their inception and can spare the loose change for good PR. That is not true charity; charity is anonymous and credit-less. Web pages, TV shows and the such is just working their way into the mainstream using a smidgen of their cash. They don't want to be the black sheep of the religious world forever you know.

If that is what you got from the links then I don't know what to say other than you obviously cannot take an objective look at their charity. You think they bought off Brian Williams? lol.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You know what would be awesome? If Obama actually obliged Trump's request and his transcripts were so good to the point that the righties will accuse him of cheating his way through college while being a foreign exchange student from Kenya.

Fixed that for you. :sneaky:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
If they were good he would have released them LONG ago. You do not hide things that put you in a positive light unless you are an idiot.
Who even fvcking cares? I haven't had an employer ask for them in, oh, EVER. Nobody actually cares about these except that trump keeps rambling on about them as if they are meaningfully important.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I assume you don't know the history behind how Bush's grades entered the public domain?

They were leaked to the New Yorker, not released by Bush.
-snip-

No, I didn't. Thanks for info. (I followed the link but cannot find support for Bush's refusal to release them.)

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
After thinking about this overnight I'm more amused by Trump's offer than anything.

I think next week Trump should go on TV and double the offer to $10 million.

Fern

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

That was bloody awesome!

I'd love nothing more than to have Obama as a captive participant in a discussion, however making citizenship an issue? College records? What an idiot. Walters nailed it. Trump isn't hurting Obama, he's wrecking whatever little respect that some who are even marginally rational may have had for him. He spends his own money to make himself the fool.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

So Romney not releasing his tax records is fine, OK, and not a problem, but Obama not releasing college records means he's hiding something.

Oooooooooooooooookay

Just another partisan troll attempt with complete logic fail. You really need to learn to troll better, it's just too obvious when you totally lie that badly.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Who even fvcking cares? I haven't had an employer ask for them in, oh, EVER. Nobody actually cares about these except that trump keeps rambling on about them as if they are meaningfully important.

You obviously do or you would not have bothered to post about it.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So Romney not releasing his tax records is fine, OK, and not a problem, but Obama not releasing college records means he's hiding something.

Oooooooooooooooookay

Just another partisan troll attempt with complete logic fail. You really need to learn to troll better, it's just too obvious when you totally lie that badly.

Wow, you are on a roll on your complete failures today. As they say, practice makes perfect and you certainly practice a lot!

I do not care if Obama releases his transcripts. I will call him out on not being transparent like he promised, though. It is not what is in the transcripts that are important but that he refuses to do as he promised he would do. Even a loser like you should be able to understand that. Do you understand?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I think Michael Jackson had the same philosophy. It didn't go so well for him though.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Wow, you are on a roll on your complete failures today. As they say, practice makes perfect and you certainly practice a lot!

I do not care if Obama releases his transcripts. I will call him out on not being transparent like he promised, though. It is not what is in the transcripts that are important but that he refuses to do as he promised he would do. Even a loser like you should be able to understand that. Do you understand?

What does his personal life have to do with administration transparency? Should we expect to see the results of his physical? Notes on discussions with his personal pastor? His last 1on1 conversation with Michelle?

Rightfully criticize him for the lack of transparency within his administration, but don't be intellectually dishonest and extend it to his personal history. Next I suppose unless he releases his boyhood diary, he's not being 'transparent".

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
What does his personal life have to do with administration transparency? Should we expect to see the results of his physical? Notes on discussions with his personal pastor? His last 1on1 conversation with Michelle?

Rightfully criticize him for the lack of transparency within his administration, but don't be intellectually dishonest and extend it to his personal history. Next I suppose unless he releases his boyhood diary, he's not being 'transparent".

Yes, I think he should also release the teleprompter transcripts of his last conversation with Michelle. ;)

I think they are irrelevant as well, just like Romney's tax returns.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Yes, I think he should also release the teleprompter transcripts of his last conversation with Michelle. ;)

I think they are irrelevant as well, just like Romney's tax returns.

Except of course Romney is proposing significant tax reform. It potentially is relevant if his changes end up reducing his own personal tax burden significantly. Surely the American people deserve to be able to decide for themselves if that's important.

I suppose if the President was proposing that college grades no longer can be used as qualifications for employment, then his personal grades are now relevant.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
That was bloody awesome!

I'd love nothing more than to have Obama as a captive participant in a discussion, however making citizenship an issue? College records? What an idiot. Walters nailed it. Trump isn't hurting Obama, he's wrecking whatever little respect that some who are even marginally rational may have had for him. He spends his own money to make himself the fool.

This just keeps getting better and better. The 1%ers are chewing donald a new one and the Demons who hate the 1%ers . Are now lapping off the tables like the dogs they truely are . LOL this is better than G. C. All the while the 5 million is sitting there for obama to give to his favorite charity . This is better than SCI fi.Please JUST STOP IT your killing me with laughter

Last edited:

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I'd like to hear Obama challenge Romney to join in:

obama_flag.jpg

"Governor Romney, if you too believe that my college transcripts of 20 years ago are so relevant, I ask you to offer $100 million to a charitable cause to release them. If you do that, I will accept."

And if Romney did accept he'd just be seen as following the President's suggestion, making him seem like an underling to Obama's Presidential status.
But given that Romney might just be able to turn it into something else, and given that Obama is a shoo-in unless there's a major turn around, it just ain't gonna happen.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
It just seems to me that Trump was going to announce something else and changed his mind at the last minute.

Jan 25, 2011
Why because Trump is normally so reserved, sensible and approaches things with discretion?

This is classic Trump. Self serving crap totally irrelevant to everyone but himself.