Donald Trump to make BIG announcement about Pres Obama!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I never indicated that it reflects poorly on Romney; he doesn't choose who endorses him. It makes Trump look like a hypocritical jackass (which is not unfamiliar territory for Trump) to say "This guy hasn't shown us ANYTHING. Vote for this other guy who has shown us EVEN LESS." Not that Romney ever promised transparency... But if that's really Trump's issue, his endorsement of a less transparent candidate makes no sense.
These people hanging their arguments on Obama's promise of transparency are idiots, for the reasons that lotus already listed. College transcripts are as relevant as the finger paintings he did in kindergarten.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I never indicated that it reflects poorly on Romney; he doesn't choose who endorses him. It makes Trump look like a hypocritical jackass (which is not unfamiliar territory for Trump) to say "This guy hasn't shown us ANYTHING. Vote for this other guy who has shown us EVEN LESS." Not that Romney ever promised transparency... But if that's really Trump's issue, his endorsement of a less transparent candidate makes no sense.

So Romney releasing less information than Obama is a positive or doesn't matter. Gotcha.

:thumbsup:

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I disagree, I think saying hey I am going to take some time and figure out what happend a good thing. That to me isnt a transerancy infringment.

Here are a few exmaples of what should be harped on with merrit.

Small dollar donors
FOIA requests
Health reform negotiations
Fast and Furious documents

You guys picking the wrong stuff just exposes you. thats my big beef, with so much to be upset about when it comes to Obama the RW rarely focuses on the meat and potatoes in favor of fluff and dumb stuff.

Lets talk FISA, expansion of executive power, bowing to lobby vs fighting it, GITMO still open.

The thing is that Obama sent UN Ambassador Susan Rice out to all of the media outlets they could get her on to push a lie - that the Benghazi attack was a demonstration caused by some YouTube video. There was no waffling on the story line at all, it was an out and out lie.

An excellent video that captures the lies -

"Act of Terror"

Fast and Furious is another political coverup where people died and Obama lied.

Feb 6, 2007
So Romney releasing less information than Obama is a positive or doesn't matter. Gotcha.

:thumbsup:
Romney can release what he wants. Personally, I'd like him to be more transparent, but I'd like that from Obama as well; I just don't care about extraneous stuff like school transcripts. Hell, he might as well release his dental records so we can make sure he doesn't suffer from a build-up of plaque and the gum disease known as gingivitis. But Trump's position seems silly; he criticizes one person for a lack of transparency and endorses someone less transparent. There are plenty of things to attack the president on, but if you're going to single out one where your preferred candidate is even worse... well, it just seems a little bit ridiculous to me.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Gotta love the absolute morons and shills who try to tie this stunt back to Romney or the republican party.

Gloria Allred speaks for all Demoncrats and for Obama, amiright? What a bunch of crazy wackos you all are. :rolleyes:

When the President appears at a public event with Gloria and soliciting her support I'm right witch-ya
03romney-trump-blog480.jpg

Feb 6, 2007
Romney has contributed more to charities than any President or presidential candidate in history.

Even if Obama takes Trump up on his offer and claims the $5 large as a personal contribution, he wouldn't even come close to what Romney has given.
Not all charities are created equal. The Mormon Church, for example, which I'm pretty sure accounts for the bulk of Romney's charitable giving, doesn't strike me as a great cause, given the Church's stance on social issues such as abortion and gay marriage. That's important to consider. If he was donating all his money to educational initiatives or programs to find cures for diseases, hey, great. But his money goes to an organization that engages in political activity that runs exactly counter to my own beliefs. So his millions in charitable contributions don't really sway me his direction; you have to consider where the money actually goes.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Not all charities are created equal. The Mormon Church, for example, which I'm pretty sure accounts for the bulk of Romney's charitable giving, doesn't strike me as a great cause, given the Church's stance on social issues such as abortion and gay marriage. That's important to consider. If he was donating all his money to educational initiatives or programs to find cures for diseases, hey, great. But his money goes to an organization that engages in political activity that runs exactly counter to my own beliefs. So his millions in charitable contributions don't really sway me his direction; you have to consider where the money actually goes.

Mormon charities do not engage in political activities.

If you knew anything about tax law you would know that.

Here are some references -

Charities, Churches, and Educational Organizations - Political Campaign Intervention

Here is what they actually do - LDS Charities

Since 1985, LDS Charities (aka Humanitarian Services) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has provided aid regardless of cultural or religious boundaries. Emergency assistance is provided through the Humanitarian Aid Fund, and long-term aid is provided through major initiatives such as clean water, wheelchairs, neonatal resuscitation training, vision care, immunization, food production, and a variety of local area initiatives.

Two tenets of humanitarian aid define LDS Charities: 1) One hundred percent of every dollar donated is used to help those in need without regard to race, religion, or ethnic origin, and 2) LDS Charities helps people attain self-sufficiency so they can be self-reliant long after LDS Charities departs.

In 2011, help was provided to more than 2 million people in 132 countries. Currently we are receiving donations for:

Humanitarian Aid Fund
Clean Water
Wheelchairs
Neonatal Resuscitation Training
Vision Care
Food Production & Nutrition

Last edited:

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

LOL, a propaganda film? Really?

Show me the IRS cases that have been filed successfully against the LDS and you will have a real argument.

If you look at the various tax attacks that Mormon-haters have tried to use against the LDS, you will find very few were successful, meaning they were as spurious as any other unfounded attack.

Last edited:

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Romney has contributed more to charities than any President or presidential candidate in history.

Do you have any evidence that proves this? There have been people like Ross Perot who donated more than 100 million to Charities.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Do you have any evidence that proves this? There have been people like Ross Perot who donated more than 100 million to Charities.

You are right. I forgot about Perot. He is in a class of his own for wealth. He has donated much more in terms of dollars, but still less than one percent of his wealth.

You wrote people - anyone else?

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Are you guessing?

Absolutely, unless you can give me an exact number of what Romney has donated to make him the "most charitable" there is no possible way for me to say. But since you seem to have this information that I don't, please give me a number so I can give you a yes or no answer.

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Kennedy donated his $100,000 yearly salary to charity for the 18.5 months he was in office. Which in todays terms is $781,780.41 per year.

Hoover also donated his $75,000 salary all 4 years of his presidential term to Charity. From 1929-1933 - worth more than a million per year in current days in addition to Herbert Hoover actually made a name for himself with his charitable work before he became the president of the United States. He was one of the founders of the Committee for Relief in Belgium during World War I. At the time, the German army had occupied the nation of Belgium. The Germans denied food to the Belgian civilians, and the British blockaded the country. Millions of people in Belgium were starving. The CRB raised more than $1 billion to feed 11 million starving people of Belgium. Hoover's policy at the time was to receive no compensation for his charity work, an example many of his colleagues followed. He also refused honors that various groups wanted to award him for his work.

Following in that tradition, when Hoover worked as a public servant, as U.S. Food Administrator, Commerce Secretary, and his one term as U.S. President, he refused to accept payment. He saved his entire salary and donated it all to charity. He was ultimately remembered for presiding over the stock market crash of 1929 and the subsequent Great Depression, which overshadowed his charitable work in the history books. After losing reelection, Hoover continued working in charities. He also managed the Boys' Club of America and established the Polish Relief Commission after Hitler invaded Poland.

Last edited:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I disagree, I think saying hey I am going to take some time and figure out what happend a good thing. That to me isnt a transerancy infringment.

Here are a few exmaples of what should be harped on with merrit.

Small dollar donors
FOIA requests
Health reform negotiations
Fast and Furious documents

You guys picking the wrong stuff just exposes you. thats my big beef, with so much to be upset about when it comes to Obama the RW rarely focuses on the meat and potatoes in favor of fluff and dumb stuff.

Lets talk FISA, expansion of executive power, bowing to lobby vs fighting it, GITMO still open.

I completely agree but this seems to happen a LOT in politics from both sides. Both sides seem to pick some bullshit unimportant (at least relatively) or even completely non-issues and spend all their time and energy harping on it then to talk about the legitimate stuff which, imho, is almost always better ammunition.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I completely agree but this seems to happen a LOT in politics from both sides. Both sides seem to pick some bullshit unimportant (at least relatively) or even completely non-issues and spend all their time and energy harping on it then to talk about the legitimate stuff which, imho, is almost always better ammunition.

I think thats because we are looking at two sides of the same coin, as long as discussion isnt around anythign meaningful its fair game to go after.

Truth is the meaningful stuff is bi partisan and both sides have guilt and culpability.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003

Even if Obama takes Trump up on his offer and claims the $5 large as a personal contribution, he wouldn't even come close to what Romney has given.

As a ranking member in the mormon church he is required to donate at least 10 percent of his income.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Trump has officially raised himself to biggest douche of the US. He is now holding hostage a potential charity donation to people just for this idiotic political crap. What a fucktard this guy is.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
When the President appears at a public event with Gloria and soliciting her support I'm right witch-ya
03romney-trump-blog480.jpg

Nice apples to oranges comparison. Public appearances of a sitting US president are held to a slightly higher standard simply due to security reasons. I am guessing Allred couldn't even pass a background check as is probably the case with many of Obama's endorsers. Then again, rap artists don't seem to have a problem getting close to the guy. :hmm:

Nice try however.

Edit: Oh BTW. http://nation.foxnews.com/gloria-al...a-allred-met-obama-two-weeks-october-surprise

Last edited:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I think thats because we are looking at two sides of the same coin, as long as discussion isnt around anythign meaningful its fair game to go after.

Truth is the meaningful stuff is bi partisan and both sides have guilt and culpability.

Agreed. It is pushed very hard and very effectively by both parties. As long as everyone is arguing and debating about the insignificant stuff they aren't talking about the actual important issues that both parties are fucking up.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Agreed. It is pushed very hard and very effectively by both parties. As long as everyone is arguing and debating about the insignificant stuff they aren't talking about the actual important issues that both parties are fucking up.

/thread