Donald Trump now advocating War Crimes to deal with ISIS.

Jan 25, 2011
"And the other thing is with the terrorists, you have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families," he reiterated. "They care about their lives, don't kid yourselves. They say they don't care about their lives. But you have to take out their families."

http://mic.com/articles/129540/dona...pen-war-crimes-according-to-expert#.J0zSk59SP

I really have no words any more to describe Trump or the people who support him. I think of everything that has been said about Obama being a facist, dictator etc. etc... the last 7 years and those same people are the ones who love Trump. I don't get it.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
"Taking out" the ISIS families could be construed as just a reversion to 20th century policies: Curtis Lemay fire-bombing Dresden and Japan; napalming villages and so on.

But the idea may indeed fall into the category of "War Crimes."

Whatever Trump says, we need to capture some of those lunatics alive and revisit the 20th century phenomenon of the "Nuremburg Trials," recently spotlighted in a History Channel series about Speer, Goering and Rudolf Hess.

The prosecutor at Nuremburg was quite certain of his strategy: they needed the trials to discourage Naziism in Germany after the war, and it apparently did have a profound effect at attenuating pro-Nazi sentiment.

Perhaps there was a lost opportunity with Gitmo. An alternative would've put the terrorists on trial in an American courtroom. Nuremberg was something apart and singular.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
He already said he supports torture (waterboarding is torture) as well, which is also a war crime, but he's said so many crazy things lately it's really hard to keep up.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
He already said he supports torture (waterboarding is torture) as well, which is also a war crime, but he's said so many crazy things lately it's really hard to keep up.
Why bother, you can find windbags all over this country that rant and rave and also won't get elected.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
AMERICA will be the most feared Country in the WORLD once Trump wins the 2016 presidential elections.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I know folks who will revel in Trump doing this.
That terrorism exists because America has been too soft.
"Take the gloves off".

You know people who fully believe in that?

Feb 16, 2005
I know folks who will revel in Trump doing this.
That terrorism exists because America has been too soft.
"Take the gloves off".

You know people who fully believe in that?

OOH! OOH! I KNOW! I KNOW!!
First name begins with IS... last name is either IL or IS.... Right?

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
There are people in comment sections actually posting in agreement with things like this, saying "To kill the hornets you have to kill the nest." Terrifying.

The thought of executing people purely by guilt of association, an association that they didn't even choose no less.. what kind of monster is he?

And if you even ignore the moral implications this would backfire on them tremendously.

what Trump said there is not pretty and I won't defend it.

BUT - let's not kid ourselves here okay... this is Precisely what the US Current Drone Assassination Program is doing and has been doing during Obama's (?entire?) tenure.

have a look: https://theintercept.com/drone-papers/the-assassination-complex/

Trump is vocalizing current US policy.

At least there's some pretense that the drones are attacking justifiable targets and that other casualties are unintentional. It's not exactly on the same level as hunting down someone's kids for the crime of having the wrong parents.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
There are people in comment sections actually posting in agreement with things like this, saying "To kill the hornets you have to kill the nest." Terrifying.

The thought of executing people purely by guilt of association, an association that they didn't even choose no less.. what kind of monster is he?

And if you even ignore the moral implications this would backfire on them tremendously.

I disagree. It worked for the Russians in Chechnya and for the Sri Lankans against the Tigers. Most of the people who have ever existed have spent most of their lives subjugated. It's silly to say that people can't be subjugated today.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I disagree. It worked for the Russians in Chechnya and for the Sri Lankans against the Tigers.

It also didn't work for the Russians in Afghanistan.

I can see Trump being ok with targeting children the way the Russians were, sure.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
http://mic.com/articles/129540/dona...pen-war-crimes-according-to-expert#.J0zSk59SP

I really have no words any more to describe Trump or the people who support him. I think of everything that has been said about Obama being a facist, dictator etc. etc... the last 7 years and those same people are the ones who love Trump. I don't get it.

Strong man syndrome, why did the German people love Hitler? They didn't, they were just scared of disagreeing with him. "You're fired!" and "Execute him!" are so similar.

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

BUT - let's not kid ourselves here okay... this is Precisely what the US Current Drone Assassination Program is doing and has been doing during Obama's (?entire?) tenure.

Funny, I didn't realize trying to selectively target and precision strike people who have openly declared war against you was considered assassination.

Just me I guess, they could be firing on a lot more things than they are.

Last edited:

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009

xgsound

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
We are already bombing families. We're just not doing it effectively. We could ineffectively do this in perpetuity and kill many, many people along with their dreams and aspirations. There is always some collateral damage.
The only way to stop that damage is to fight the war decisively and win. This will also end the collateral damage.
We could also withdraw altogether except for the fact that they are at war with us whether we participate or not.

Jim

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

At least there's some pretense that the drones are attacking justifiable targets and that other casualties are unintentional. It's not exactly on the same level as hunting down someone's kids for the crime of having the wrong parents.

Maybe we could just bulldoze their homes w/o intentionally killing the inhabitants like our Israeli pals.

What Trump doesn't understand is that ISIL is attracting vulnerable & disaffected youth from all over the world.

Another thing he doesn't understand is that he's an obscene caricature of everything that's wrong with the Repub base. That's more evident every time he opens his mouth.

It's a sad commentary on the state of conservatives in this country that he could gain any following.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

To agree, sure. We sometimes take out their families (or worse, innocent bystanders) to get a particularly juicy target. But we also pass up a lot of shots because of innocents who will (or just might) be caught up in the attack. That's a bit different from saying we should go after their families because they are their families. How would we even do that?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We are already bombing families. We're just not doing it effectively. We could ineffectively do this in perpetuity and kill many, many people along with their dreams and aspirations. There is always some collateral damage.
The only way to stop that damage is to fight the war decisively and win. This will also end the collateral damage.
We could also withdraw altogether except for the fact that they are at war with us whether we participate or not.

Jim

We did that in Iraq. Then what happened?

Vaux

May 24, 2013
Why the hell do I care about terrorists families? Do they give a shit about my family?

5848128_orig.jpg

Vaux

May 24, 2013

I suppose it's torture, but any 'torture' you can walk away from unscathed would be a mild definition of it.
No doubt it would be terrible to go through, but hmmmm... choice of waterboarding or breaking both my legs to get me to talk? Yeah, go get the rag.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Why the hell do I care about terrorists families? Do they give a shit about my family?

Because Article III Section 3 of the Constitution specifically prohibits attainder and corruption of blood.
And for good reason. Down that path lies the ugliest of tyrannies.