Donald Trump Jr walks out of Triggered book launch after heckling – from supporters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Now I see why righties are always talking about an impending civil war. You've got the dumb fighting the dumber.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
None of what REALLY happened is being discussed in this thread. These were not supporters. Their intended target was Charlie Kirk, with Turning Point USA, who they are against. There would have been chaos if the Q&A were granted.
You mean the people on stage might have been triggered?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
None of what REALLY happened is being discussed in this thread. These were not supporters. Their intended target was Charlie Kirk, with Turning Point USA, who they are against. There would have been chaos if the Q&A were granted.
excuses, excuses.

they were his people.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Although this thread attempts to make some sense of the UCLA event with Junior and his book -- and I approve of it all -- I don't think any of you has succeeded in asking the fundamental question.

Who is the ghost-writer hired by Trump Jr. to write "Triggered", and how much did he get paid?

Following in Daddy's footsteps, Junior has made an outrageous ass of himself for his remarks cast in the background of Arlington National Cemetery. Somebody who can assert things as absurd as Junior did -- likely cannot write very well in the first place.

Even so, given my initial reaction to the "Trump sacrifices for America" nonsense, I think he deserves a roundhouse smack in the face.

Reactions: Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
Although this thread attempts to make some sense of the UCLA event with Junior and his book -- and I approve of it all -- I don't think any of you has succeeded in asking the fundamental question.

Who is the ghost-writer hired by Trump Jr. to write "Triggered", and how much did he get paid?

Following in Daddy's footsteps, Junior has made an outrageous ass of himself for his remarks cast in the background of Arlington National Cemetery. Somebody who can assert things as absurd as Junior did -- likely cannot write very well in the first place.

Even so, given my initial reaction to the "Trump sacrifices for America" nonsense, I think he deserves a roundhouse smack in the face.

Liberal violence....

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Dr May might wish to have a word with you about that

View attachment 13109

View attachment 13111

Ah, I know - but that's not unconnected to my never liking Queen. How do I explain this? I associate physics students in particular with a certain kind of naffness in music (student bands are always terrible, science students most of all - indeed if I'd been in a band when I was precisely such a student myself, it would have been the worst, most milquetoast and pretentiously awful ever - fortunately for the world I knew my limitations).

It didn't surprise me at all to hear Brian May was one of their number. Fitted with my not liking Queen. I don't want openly middle-class university graduate rock musicians - proper rock stars should be gutter-snipes from council-estates who left school at 14 to go nicking stuff, poets from privileged backgrounds who are aware of the need to do a passable job of concealing their private education and _pretending_ to be said gutter-snipes, or drug-addled crazy people...or all three at once.

That said, fair play to the guy with the badger thing. I warmed to him for that.

(Prof Brian Cox having been in that dull pop band and creating the theme song for New Labour is another example - physicists should not attempt to create popular music...it leads to centrist faux-left neo-liberalism, apparently)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
excuses, excuses.

they were his people.

That's the thing, it wouldn't matter if they were completely against him. The punkass bitch allegedly "wrote" a book about liberals being "triggered", that walked off the stage because he couldn't handle some hecklers requesting him to do a Q&A. I guess he should try his hand at stand-up comedy and then maybe him and Seinfeld and Carlos Mencia can go on a "bleeding pussyass bitches" tour crying about how college students are so mean and that they refuse to talk to the "triggered snowflakes" because they seemingly lack self awareness and don't understand the words hypocrite or irony. Crybaby bitches that can't handle 1/10th of the shit they bitch about others for being unable to handle.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Ah, I know - but that's not unconnected to my never liking Queen. How do I explain this? I associate physics students in particular with a certain kind of naffness in music (student bands are always terrible, science students most of all - indeed if I'd been in a band when I was precisely such a student myself, it would have been the worst, most milquetoast and pretentiously awful ever - fortunately for the world I knew my limitations).

It didn't surprise me at all to hear Brian May was one of their number. Fitted with my not liking Queen. I don't want openly middle-class university graduate rock musicians - proper rock stars should be gutter-snipes from council-estates who left school at 14 to go nicking stuff, poets from privileged backgrounds who are aware of the need to do a passable job of concealing their private education and _pretending_ to be said gutter-snipes, or drug-addled crazy people...or all three at once.

That said, fair play to the guy with the badger thing. I warmed to him for that.

(Prof Brian Cox having been in that dull pop band and creating the theme song for New Labour is another example - physicists should not attempt to create popular music...it leads to centrist faux-left neo-liberalism, apparently)
well there is Dexter Holland, front man for The Offspring who happens to be a molecular biologist.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
well there is Dexter Holland, front man for The Offspring who happens to be a molecular biologist.

Ooh, I could respond to that, but it would be going too far off-topic (and onto something that's jokey and trivial compared to the doings of the Trump clan - who, while kind of a joke, also have deadly serious consequences).

Come to think of it, that's a general dilemma - how much should one treat Trump and co as a joke? Is that a good weapon, or is it letting him off the hook?

The same dilemma happened over a certain 20th century villain.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Maybe if we get lucky the various factions on the right will eat each other for lunch. Not easy to be pro Israel and a Nazi at the same time. Silver lining?

OK, I'm confused. I read the first couple of paragraphs, and this is what they were first shouting:

Um, I think I speak a little bit of Trumptard these days, and from what I gather, they were praising Q and Anon--they weren't demanding a Question and Answer session. ...so they weren't angry about that, they just wanted to see some action from Q and Anon (I think they assume Jr is Q or something?). ....but I guess Jr and his handler didn't get that, and just got mad?

In a nutshell, that seems to be what's happening. The devoted Nazi bigots are going to war with the simply racism-curious America Firsters who are pro-isreal or not anti immigrant enough.

Daily Beast article has a good explainer of what's going down in Deplorableville.

Basically the demand for a Q&A is the tactic of the Nazis to force airtime to their bullshit and create viral moments in order to push further right. "Alt-right 2.0”

Lovely. Antifa is the real threat tho kids....

Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
In a nutshell, that seems to be what's happening. The devoted Nazi bigots are going to war with the simply racism-curious America Firsters who are pro-isreal or not anti immigrant enough.

Daily Beast article has a good explainer of what's going down in Deplorableville.

Basically the demand for a Q&A is the tactic of the Nazis to force airtime to their bullshit and create viral moments in order to push further right. "Alt-right 2.0”

Lovely. Antifa is the real threat tho kids....

Facinating! So the people who make Ronald Reagan look like Trotsky, are being attacked by people even more to the right?? This'll be good...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
They've generated so much hate by telling their supporters so many lies about how everyone else hates them that they can no longer contain it.

Feb 4, 2009

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
This book launch keeps getting better and better for Don JR!

Congrats on purchasing the #1 spot, Donnie and the RNC!
Turns out it's not just Jr. taking advantage of bulk buys to get to claim they are a best selling author, Mark Levin's 16 weeks at best seller status : every week with a dagger. Ben Shapiro : all with a dagger. In the last year all conservative "Best Sellers" had a dagger indicating bulk buys with the exception of Bill O' and Brian Killmeade.(SP?) Surprisingly, none of the liberal's books had daggers.