Donald Trump: dumbest billionaire ever?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Donald Trump: dumbest billionaire ever?

• Yes

• Nope, I agree with his comments

• Maybe, maybe not. There may be n ulterior motive that will make him more money

Results are only viewable after voting.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Here is a database of salaries for H1B visa holders.

http://www.h1bwage.com/

It only seems to go up 2013 and I can't tell where they're getting their information from. But just look at the first page and tell me if you think some of those salaries are competitive.

edit: btw, the number of H1B visas is capped at 65k per year. The US has been creating on average about 200k new jobs per month or over 2M per year. So in order for H1b workers to be getting parity with permanent residents, that would mean that the demand exceeds supply. That's definitely possible in some specialties, but overall? IDK.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
No Americans would do such crap jobs as those on the 1st page. Furthermore, no Americans could qualify for those.

But the context needed are pay differentials. I don't know those jobs enough.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Who cares what he says so long as he can get this country in a better direction than Obama? Isn't that what is important here?
At least he might have better financial sense for our govt. He's already rich so he has no reason to BS us, perhaps that's why he comes off as abrasive. I'm tired of everyone's negative comments about every candidate. I don't care if they are cheating not their wives or if they say this or that...I just want to know if they can do their job, do whats best for the people.

Donald Trump will NEVER be your next president.

Spider-Man-Spider-man-spiderman-puke-878543.gif

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Just so ya know....

I love Jesse Ventura. NOTHING you post will alter that opinion.

I loathe Trump. NOTHING you post will alter that opinion.

It would be better to just move on and not derail this thread.

At the risk of pissing you off, that sounded rather Trumpish of you to state things so bluntly yet plainly. ;)

In all honesty though, I wish more took your tact. :thumbsup:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Weird thing about Donald Trump is the more he talks, even though he is a big blowhard, but the more he talks the less relevant his republican opponents become.
His republican opponents just roll over and play dead.
Its like they have no idea what to say or how to respond.
It gives this appearance they are all terribly afraid of big bad The Donald.
When asked about Trump, they go into this deer in the headlights mode, then give some lame empty nonsense deflecting response. Or no response all.

One thing for sure, including Donald Trump, none not a single one of his opponents are presidential worthy.
They all come off as wet behind the ears to say the least, and especially when given the Donald test.
Its funny how they bash Obama and Hillary, yet none of the republican hopefuls have a clue how the real world works. Especially in the oval office.

If none of them can stand up to Donald without either kissing his golden ring, or proving totally speechless, or giving some lame suck up reply, how the hell would they stand up against a real threat at home or abroad as president?
None of them come close to having the smarts needed to run the country.
Most that are governors cannot even run their state successfully.
And continually make bad decisions as governor.

With the case of world conflicts, their knee jerk reaction would be to send in the troops and start a war.
For the economy, knee jerk reaction giving the top 1% another tax cut believing all we need is a little more trickle down economics.
And for everything else, including any and all social issues, do whatever the far right religious fundamentalist instruct to do.

And Donald?
Well, he's been all over the charts.
Donald has been a full blown liberal, believed in abortion, believed in national healthcare for all going way beyond Obamacare, and was a big fan and supporter of both the Clinton's and president Obama.
So, how would anyone really know which Donald they were electing?
The old Donald, the new Donald? Or something in-between?
If your a tea party right wing anti government anti abortion conservative republican, I wouldn't be too anxious to jump on that Trump band wagon.
You might get your president Trump, but nothing near what you wished for.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I believe Trump knows how stupid and idiotic he sounds, but he doesnt give any shits. He cares only about himself.