Donald Trump accuses Joe Scarborough of murder on Twitter

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's amazing how much we have normalized Trump's clear mental illness. A hundred thousand Americans are dead with the likely total far higher than that and the president is golfing and tweeting murder conspiracy theories and actively harming the effort to fight the crisis. Imagine saying that only a few years ago. To conservatives competence no longer matters. Mental stability no longer matters. It is all in on whatever it takes to make sure liberals aren't in power, even if that means mass death.

Trump isn't the only mentally ill person here, conservatism has become a mental disorder.

The negotiability of conservative principles was always apparent but the sheer range (or depth rather) of what is deemed acceptable has certainly been a surprise. It is simply not possible to stoop too low in the pursuit of power.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Trump isn't the only mentally ill person here, conservatism has become a mental disorder.
At this point, I don't even really like to refer to it as conservatism. I mean, I get why folks do, and this isn't intended as a criticism. But take Justin Amash for a very obvious example. By any sane metric, he's a deeply conservative politician. Points of policy that I would agree with him on are pretty few and far between. But he has principles beyond a boot stomping on the human face forever, and I respect him quite a bit.

But there is something deeply rotten at the heart of the modern GOP and it goes beyond Trump himself.

Reactions: Meghan54

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The negotiability of conservative principles was always apparent but the sheer range (or depth rather) of what is deemed acceptable has certainly been a surprise. It is simply not possible to stoop too low in the pursuit of power.
I agree - modern American conservatism has always been white identity politics cosplaying as limited government principles for my entire life but I was still shocked by their embrace of naked criminality.

Like I know they wanted to stay in power despite being a minority, but I didn't know how badly.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So... they're arguing that, because Twitter is focusing on accounts spreading the most egregious lies, those accounts are clearly biased against conservatives?

Lol!...

Gonna be fun to watch when he starts tweeting about nationalizing Twitter.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I think twitter is stupid, but he didn't accuse him of murder.
( Please Note the question mark at the end of his sentence.)

"Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? "

Does pcgeek11 rape sheep? I'm not saying he does, but some people think so.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Anyone want to make the case as to why Trump shouldn’t be removed from office due to clear mental illness?
If butt kissing Republican lead senate wouldn’t vote to remove, why would even bigger butt kissing VP and cabinet act differently?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Nice try altering history. The quote is

Clearly it effects the family what happened 20 years ago. Your attempt to excuse Trump because of the method of his delivery (Twitter). Twenty years ago he would have taken out a full page newspaper ad and spewed the same vitriol. But I guess that would have made it fine.

It's not about Twitter, it what was said. But it's only words right? Doesn't matter Trump sullies the memory of that family?

100,000 people dead doesn't matter either as long as you get your judges.

Yeah whatever.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
An asshole is an asshole, you cant reason the ass out of the hole. I suggest to file it under lost and forgotten.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
His Twitter tear today is even nutso by his standards.

He's still flogging the batshit insane Scarborough theory, he's posted several tweets on the following subjects: Obamagate-related "OBAMAGATE MAKES WATERGATE LOOK LIKE SMALL POTATOES!" mail-in ballot theft, the Radical Left Lamestream media unfairly blaming him for the US CoVID response, social media platforms suppressing Conservative voices, and a couple stupid foreign-policy related tweets just to round things out.

It's like a greatest hits parade of his twisted mind.

It’s blowback time when the Democratic House opens their investigation of the cover-up of Trump’s murder of pregnant personal assistant Carolyn Gombell. lol!

https://www.inquisitr.com/6076275/do...rolyn-gombell/

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
His Twitter tear today is even nutso by his standards.

He's still flogging the batshit insane Scarborough theory, he's posted several tweets on the following subjects: Obamagate-related "OBAMAGATE MAKES WATERGATE LOOK LIKE SMALL POTATOES!" mail-in ballot theft, the Radical Left Lamestream media unfairly blaming him for the US CoVID response, social media platforms suppressing Conservative voices, and a couple stupid foreign-policy related tweets just to round things out.

It's like a greatest hits parade of his twisted mind.

It’s blowback time when the Democratic House opens their investigation of the cover-up of Trump’s murder of pregnant personal assistant Carolyn Gombell. lol!

https://www.inquisitr.com/6076275/do...rolyn-gombell/

There are times when I wonder if Trump won't just melt down so completely that he becomes non-functional (more than he already is). To the point where even the sycophants have to admit that it's time to invoke the 25th. Mind you, that would put Pence in office... and I'm sure Trump's worshippers would insist their leader was driven mad by the liberal media instead of accepting that Trump has been insane for years.