Donald Trump accuses Joe Scarborough of murder on Twitter

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
Could you imagine if Dorsey bans Trump...Trump thinks big tech is against conservatives. The whining and crying would be epic. Trump's tweets about Lori Klausutis, birtherism and his various other twitterrhea will likely remain undeleted. It's all part and parcel of Trump's squalid legacy and should remain.

Also...They're gonna need something to put in his Presidential Library. Ya, know, that closet at Mar-a-Lago. Actually... that closet is kinda large for a thumb drive.

Eh, its what Turmp is likely hoping for as it'll give him martyr status for why he had to create his own personal government propaganda media organization, complete with "Turmper" as an alternative to Twitter.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Fucking finally twitter does some half assed thing regarding the Presidents misinformation.

Obviously not enough but they are afraid of retaliation from Trump and his admin. I don’t use Twitter but as far as advertisers I don’t believe it’s like TV where you can pick out a big company and boycott them.

Feb 4, 2009
Obviously not enough but they are afraid of retaliation from Trump and his admin. I don’t use Twitter but as far as advertisers I don’t believe it’s like TV where you can pick out a big company and boycott them.

No you can, sort of like Face Book where there are ads and boosted posts. I don't know much about twitter but I do know you can buy ads on it.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Want to know who cares? Question is do you care Trump continues to put the family of Lori Kaye Klausutis through hell?

I agree that it is not based in any facts at all and the tweets are wrong. That is one thing I do wish is that the tweets would just stop. It's all bullshit. Also nobody should base their own personal happiness on a Tweet. If they completely abolished Twitter it would be no loss in my opinion.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Mar 11, 2004
Fucking finally twitter does some half assed thing regarding the Presidents misinformation.

Somewhat ironic that you're posting that in this thread since apparently Twitter won't factually slap down Turmp's claim about Scarborough.

I wonder how quickly they'd take it down if you started spreading claims that Dorsey murdered Epstein.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
If it makes you feel better to know I don't think Joe Scarborough killed anyone. And neither should anyone else with a pulse.

That's a pretty damning bit of self-ownage and indictment of his intended audience. If only you had the personal insight to fully realise it yourself.

Reactions: pmv

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
if he had two functional braincells hed keep out of threads like this. Alas.
Also, drmpf could always socialize twitter... FREEEEEEEDOM FOR THE PEEPES

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't give an F about Joe Scarborough or anything he did 20 years ago.

Your reading comprehension sucks as always...
Nice try altering history. The quote is
Who the F cares about Joe Scarborough or what happened 20 years ago.

Clearly it effects the family what happened 20 years ago. Your attempt to excuse Trump because of the method of his delivery (Twitter). Twenty years ago he would have taken out a full page newspaper ad and spewed the same vitriol. But I guess that would have made it fine.

It's not about Twitter, it what was said. But it's only words right? Doesn't matter Trump sullies the memory of that family?

100,000 people dead doesn't matter either as long as you get your judges.

Reactions: Lanyap

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
IMO, they should treat trump like anyone else, remove the post and ban him for repeated violations of the TOS
This is the mistake that Twitter made - as soon as they decided their neutral terms of service no longer applied to him they invited exactly these sort of controversies.

They should have just banned him to begin with and been done with it.

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Feb 4, 2009
IMO, they should treat trump like anyone else, remove the post and ban him for repeated violations of the TOS

Honestly I think it would be better & simpler if twitter simply said "No PACs, no Politicians, no re-election committees and no Political groups on twitter". Delete all the Politician accounts and snip new groups that pop up. Politicians could have a twatter account provided it is for personal/family use only.
Twitter takes a ton of crap for this stuff and as far as I can tell they don't really make any money from it.

Reactions: pcgeek11

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Anyone want to make the case as to why Trump shouldn’t be removed from office due to clear mental illness?

His mental state seems to be decaying exponentially with his polling figures.

"Morning Joe might be a murderer" isn't exactly a resonating campaign message but it's the one he's picked.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Honestly I think it would be better & simpler if twitter simply said "No PACs, no Politicians, no re-election committees and no Political groups on twitter". Delete all the Politician accounts and snip new groups that pop up. Politicians could have a twatter account provided it is for personal/family use only.
Twitter takes a ton of crap for this stuff and as far as I can tell they don't really make any money from it.
They would never risk that loss of views. Twitter is an advertising vehicle, so anything that gets more views is a good thing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
His mental state seems to be decaying exponentially with his polling figures.

"Morning Joe might be a murderer" isn't exactly a resonating campaign message but it's the one he's picked.

It's amazing how much we have normalized Trump's clear mental illness. A hundred thousand Americans are dead with the likely total far higher than that and the president is golfing and tweeting murder conspiracy theories and actively harming the effort to fight the crisis. Imagine saying that only a few years ago. To conservatives competence no longer matters. Mental stability no longer matters. It is all in on whatever it takes to make sure liberals aren't in power, even if that means mass death.

Trump isn't the only mentally ill person here, conservatism has become a mental disorder.

Reactions: zinfamous and pmv