Donald Trump accuses Joe Scarborough of murder on Twitter

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Is that supposed to be an excuse? A justification?
The fact that he's an arsehole doesn't mean people have to let him get away with, or ignore him, being an arsehole.

I'm not sure why you think that makes it better or less egregious.
The President of the United States is using his office as a bully pulpit and spreading the worst kinds of bullshit about people just because he's a thin skinned wanker.
That is not ok and you should stop downplaying how bad it is.

Not trying to justify anything.

There is no law against being an @sshole so really not much you can do about it. You guys have your fair share of political/official @ssholes too...

Prince Andrew for one.........

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Not trying to justify anything.

There is no law against being an @sshole so really not much you can do about it. You guys have your fair share of political/official @ssholes too...

Prince Andrew for one.........
There are arseholes everywhere. The trick is not to defend their behaviour.
You are if not justifying his behaviour definitely normalising it. Are you happy with that way of doing politics? The Donald Trump way. And before you try to "Well all politicians are the same", they aren't. There has never been a POTUS as thin skinned, corrupt, vainglorious, ignorant of their own failings, arrogant, petty and just downright stupid as Trump.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It is tiresome I agree. I would rather he not bait the left and media the way he does.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I agree that it was suggested / insinuated that was a possibility by Trump and never stated that it wasn't. He did not outright accuse him of it. It was a question. He then implied that he felt it was obvious. ( for most people not so much, I don't think Joe did anything ). This is a conspiracy theory for well over a decade, Trump didn't just make this up. Nobody with half a brain believes any of it.

The thought of anyone getting sued over this is insane. There is nothing to get the panties all wet about.

I previously posted an article that says the same as what you described about the timeline of his resignation and the death in post # 46 before you.

I do agree that Joe is a nutjob.
:p

Looks like that guy with the banjo from Deliverance.
Total eclipse of the mind. Trolls gonna troll when fed.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There are arseholes everywhere. The trick is not to defend their behaviour.
You are if not justifying his behaviour definitely normalising it. Are you happy with that way of doing politics? The Donald Trump way. And before you try to "Well all politicians are the same", they aren't. There has never been a POTUS as thin skinned, corrupt, vainglorious, ignorant of their own failings, arrogant, petty and just downright stupid as Trump.
I think it's called being a troll

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
I agree that it was suggested / insinuated that was a possibility by Trump and never stated that it wasn't. He did not outright accuse him of it. It was a question. He then implied that he felt it was obvious. ( for most people not so much, I don't think Joe did anything ). This is a conspiracy theory for well over a decade, Trump didn't just make this up. Nobody with half a brain believes any of it.
Well, for one, Trump believes it, since he implies he feels it was obvious. And because many in his base believe it, it seems they, like Trump, also don't have half a brain.

Reactions: dank69

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think twitter is stupid, but he didn't accuse him of murder.
( Please Note the question mark at the end of his sentence.)

"Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? "

That means nothing really. In any case, Trump can say pretty much what he likes, not because of Barr or appointments but Scarborough would need to demonstrate harm in order to sue. Saying nasty things isn't illegal unless it causes adverse consequences quantifiably measurable. Wrong? Absolutely but not actionable.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In my opinion after over three years it is glaringly obvious that he loves to stir the pot.

It is also obvious that he is quite good at pot stirring.

It is an Old Conspiracy theory that has been around the block since 2001. Nothing new to see.

Clearly this is acceptable behavior for a President of the United States.

I guess it beats the outrage from the right when Obama defended his friend because the cops arrested him for breaking into his own house. I guess it beats the outrage from the right when Obama showed empathy for the parents of Treyvon Martin because that was such outrageous behavior.

You guys love grading Trump on a curve. Or as I called it white boy affirmative action.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Unfortunately for republicans, the NiC's words carry more weight than they want. Trump's usage of vague statements, whataboutism, casual racism, inferences, etc... Make a difference. This is a prime example of trumpism.

Feb 4, 2009
Since it is okay to say people are saying.... again

This is totally excusable behavior from the President because at best he is mentally ill, people who know mental illness are saying it at worst he has a decades long infection from untreated syphilis. He displays all of the symptom. People who know this disease are saying.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I got a vacation from this forum once attempting to make a point by saying something like...

"Some people are saying <insert outrageous claim here>"

I guess words do matter at least in some cases

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It is kind of amazing that we have to have a debate about why the person who claims total authority to order the prosecution of any individual he sees fit should not be accusing people of crimes that can carry the death penalty on Twitter.

Reactions: FaaR and DarthKyrie

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
Since it is okay to say people are saying.... again

This is totally excusable behavior from the President because at best he is mentally ill, people who know mental illness are saying it at worst he has a decades long infection from untreated syphilis. He displays all of the symptom. People who know this disease are saying.

Way less far-fetched and way less dangerous statement than Trump implying that Scarborough murdered someone.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Way less far-fetched and way less dangerous statement than Trump implying that Scarborough murdered someone.
Exactly - people should recognize that Trump is a person who has the power to have Scarborough arrested and charged with a crime. The crime he's currently accusing him of can be punished with the death penalty.

It should be beyond obvious as to why a person with the power to imprison and potentially execute someone should not be making idle and baseless public accusations of capital crimes and why this person should be removed from office for doing so.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
In my opinion after over three years it is glaringly obvious that he loves to stir the pot.

It is also obvious that he is quite good at pot stirring.

It is an Old Conspiracy theory that has been around the block since 2001. Nothing new to see.

I never bothered to find out the facts of this so-called scandal before. This is perhaps the weakest, most bogus scandal I've ever heard of. The victim had a medical condition, there were several witnesses that said she complained of her health that day and an autopsy was done. This was not even remotely a cold case.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Exactly - people should recognize that Trump is a person who has the power to have Scarborough arrested and charged with a crime. The crime he's currently accusing him of can be punished with the death penalty.

It should be beyond obvious as to why a person with the power to imprison and potentially execute someone should not be making idle and baseless public accusations of capital crimes and why this person should be removed from office for doing so.
Fine for Trump
Not fine for previous POTUS, the brown menace

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trump knows that he is a piece of human garbage and his way of coping with that is to create the impression of being an idealized avatar of human garbage in the eyes of people who know they are human garbage too. War is piece and Donald Trump is God. Greatness is indifference to criticism and pride in mental pigness. What a huge relief it is to let the swines run free and drop all that family values pretense. "God what a joy to stick it to them, to make them into the filth."

It wouldn't work, provocation or offense, if we didn't all actually feel that way. There would be nothing upon which to perch. To love oneself truly is to be free of either the need to harm or take offense.

Anybody know the name and author of a science fiction story where a person like Trump is put on a world of human androids that he is allowed to mercilessly abuse without a single act of hindrance or resistance for however long he wishes to keep it up. All that violent venting and not a single drop of harm........

Reactions: dank69

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Clearly this is acceptable behavior for a President of the United States.

I guess it beats the outrage from the right when Obama defended his friend because the cops arrested him for breaking into his own house. I guess it beats the outrage from the right when Obama showed empathy for the parents of Treyvon Martin because that was such outrageous behavior.

You guys love grading Trump on a curve. Or as I called it white boy affirmative action.

I thought he was Orange?

:)

Nov 29, 2006
I think twitter is stupid, but he didn't accuse him of murder.
( Please Note the question mark at the end of his sentence.)

"Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? "

What? You can only “get away with murder” if you actually murdered someone. That’s an accusation that he believes he murdered someone. Which I’m assuming Trump will provide the evidence to shortly.....