Donald Trump accuses Joe Scarborough of murder on Twitter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Asking a question in such a manner allows people to peddle bullshit with 0 supporting evidence.

It also places a burden of proof on the accused rather than the accuser, and proving a negative is virtually impossible. Unless you'd like to prove to all of us that you do not in fact have relations with goats. Maybe you do? Who am I to judge? Someone should investigate it though 🙄🙄

"Asking a question in such a manner allows people to peddle bullshit with 0 supporting evidence. It also places a burden of proof on the accused rather than the accuser, and proving a negative is virtually impossible."

I agree with this part of your post. I'm not justifying his statement only trying to clear up that he did not directly accuse anyone.

A ? means something.

He is peddling bullshit and everybody knows it, or they are stupid. The only reason he does is it keeps the left going crazy.

As to your BS about goats, I'll just ignore the stupidity.

Reactions: Thunder 57

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There is a lot of difference between what he said and an outright accusation, that is obvious.

I'm surprised you can't tell the difference.

You're quibbling. Trump is promoting yet another scurrilous conspiracy theory. Thanks to the efforts of folks like yourself, it creates more confusion & distrust than a direct accusation. He knows what he's doing. So do you.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
Sorry you don't like the English language.
You do realize that the English language is not confined to literalism, don't you?

Do you believe his tweet was intended to smear Scarborough, or do you believe it was a lie?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
There is a lot of difference between what he said and an outright accusation, that is obvious.

I'm surprised you can't tell the difference.

Trump raised a question, which in and of itself was grossly inappropriate given that there is no mystery to what happened to that staffer. But he didn't stop there. He gave his own opinion as to the answer.

Tell me this. What did Trump mean by the phrase "isn't it obvious?" If it doesn't mean what I think it means, then provide another reasonable interpretation please.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Don't quote me out of context:

All politicians use word play to make political points.

Do you know what a question mark is?
I know you do.

I think the context that you are missing is that this isn't political points scoring, its insinuating that someone is guilty of murder and trying to use your influence to force a malicious prosecution.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I think the context that you are missing is that this isn't political points scoring, its insinuating that someone is guilty of murder and trying to use your influence to force a malicious prosecution.

Or just to slime the guy and ruin his reputation.

If everyone who Trump has defamed actually sued him, it's possible he could be liable for 100x his net worth.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So you agree with me.

I agree it is a play on words just as all politicians play this game. I also understand the punctuation marks at the end of the sentence. It wouldn't ever hold water in any court.
Maybe geek? Should go to the airport? Go through security? And say stupid shit about bombs? But just put a question mark after every sentence? He could also send a letter to the POTUS? See what happens?
Another mind lost.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You do realize that the English language is not confined to literalism, don't you?

Do you believe his tweet was intended to smear Scarborough, or do you believe it was a lie?

Yes.

If it makes you feel better to know I don't think Joe Scarborough killed anyone. And neither should anyone else with a pulse.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Trump raised a question, which in and of itself was grossly inappropriate given that there is no mystery to what happened to that staffer. But he didn't stop there. He gave his own opinion as to the answer.

Tell me this. What did Trump mean by the phrase "isn't it obvious?" If it doesn't mean what I think it means, then provide another reasonable interpretation please.

What do you "think" it means? Answer that and maybe I can answer your question.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

In my opinion after over three years it is glaringly obvious that he loves to stir the pot.

It is also obvious that he is quite good at pot stirring.

It is an Old Conspiracy theory that has been around the block since 2001. Nothing new to see.

Reactions: Thump553

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Or just to slime the guy and ruin his reputation.

If everyone who Trump has defamed actually sued him, it's possible he could be liable for 100x his net worth.

Lord this conspiracy has been around for over a decade. :rolleyes:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What do you "think" it means? Answer that and maybe I can answer your question.

Here it is in full for reference:

When will they open a Cold Case on the Psycho Joe Scarborough matter in Florida. Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? A total nut job!

In the sequence of things, he says it is obvious that he left Congress so "quickly" and "quietly" because he killed his staffer. Or is there another reason for him allegedly leaving Congress so "quickly" and "quietly" that Trump is thinking about? If so, he doesn't say what it is.

BTW, if that is Trump's insinuation, and I see no other possible interpretation, the fact is the staffer died after Scarborough announced his resignation, not before. It was during the period of over three months notice that Scarborough gave for his resignation.

Also, the fact the media reported on May 25 that he was resigning effective September 6 means, by definition, his resignation was neither "quick" nor "quiet." I just disproved three assertions made by Trump with a simple google search and one old article.

Is this the sort of behavior we really want from our President?

Reactions: FaaR and DarthKyrie

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
In my opinion after over three years it is glaringly obvious that he loves to stir the pot.

It is also obvious that he is quite good at pot stirring.

Is that supposed to be an excuse? A justification?
The fact that he's an arsehole doesn't mean people have to let him get away with, or ignore him, being an arsehole.

It is an Old Conspiracy theory that has been around the block since 2001. Nothing new to see.

I'm not sure why you think that makes it better or less egregious.
The President of the United States is using his office as a bully pulpit and spreading the worst kinds of bullshit about people just because he's a thin skinned wanker.
That is not ok and you should stop downplaying how bad it is.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Here it is in full for reference:

In the sequence of things, he says it is obvious that he left Congress so "quickly" and "quietly" because he killed his staffer. Or is there another reason for him allegedly leaving Congress so "quickly" and "quietly" that Trump is thinking about? If so, he doesn't say what it is.

BTW, if that is Trump's insinuation, and I see no other possible interpretation, the fact is the staffer died after Scarborough announced his resignation, not before. It was during the period of over three months notice that Scarborough gave for his resignation.

Also, the fact the media reported on May 25 that he was resigning effective September 6 means, by definition, his resignation was neither "quick" nor "quiet." I just disproved three assertions made by Trump with a simple google search and one old article.

Is this the sort of behavior we really want from our President?

I agree that it was suggested / insinuated that was a possibility by Trump and never stated that it wasn't. He did not outright accuse him of it. It was a question. He then implied that he felt it was obvious. ( for most people not so much, I don't think Joe did anything ). This is a conspiracy theory for well over a decade, Trump didn't just make this up. Nobody with half a brain believes any of it.

The thought of anyone getting sued over this is insane. There is nothing to get the panties all wet about.

I previously posted an article that says the same as what you described about the timeline of his resignation and the death in post # 46 before you.

I do agree that Joe is a nutjob.
:p

Looks like that guy with the banjo from Deliverance.

Last edited: