Donald Trump 2020

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He read some propaganda nonsense from Sputnik and of course we're all supposed to be geniuses like him to not only understand exactly what he was suggesting, wink wink, but also to frequent the same garbage hole sources that he exclusively uses to inject mental cyanide into his brain cavity.
He just connects what he thinks are appropriate words together. I would call it dementia.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Anybody catch Trumps speech at West Points graduation?

I only caught a little bit of the footage, but a couple of things...

First, the way Trump was leaning heavily on the lectern as he spoke to the cadets. It was sloppy and lazy-looking. The man seriously looked like someone who has had a mini-stroke.
Not a flattering contrast with the cadets, who stood patiently at attention.

Second, even though the cadets were standing in a customary formation, there was a set to their body language that appeared... less than welcoming. I'll allow this may be me projecting, but you know how you can look out at an audience and tell when they're just enduring the speaker? That's how it looked to me. Of course everything Trump touches turns to shit.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Random thought today: You know Starlink? The SpaceX project to get high speed low latency internet around the globe, specially to rural parts... just thinking, can this become an alternative to those folks locked in on cable and being brainwashed by Fox?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Random thought today: You know Starlink? The SpaceX project to get high speed low latency internet around the globe, specially to rural parts... just thinking, can this become an alternative to those folks locked in on cable and being brainwashed by Fox?

that will get them service. it won't make them change the channel.

Jeffdb1124

Nov 20, 2018

First, the way Trump was leaning heavily on the lectern as he spoke to the cadets. It was sloppy and lazy-looking. The man seriously looked like someone who has had a mini-stroke.

Second, even though the cadets were standing in a customary formation, there was a set to their body language that appeared... less than welcoming. I'll allow this may be me projecting, but you know how you can look out at an audience and tell when they're just enduring the speaker? That's how it looked to me. Of course everything Trump touches turns to shit.

YES!!!

And to add;

Trump unable to drink using one hand/arm:

Trump walking very slowly and carefully after his speech:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

One thing that got me about his words at Westpoint, paraphrasing: "All of you could have gone to any school that you wanted to, but you chose this!"

No, that's ....simply not true. And it's not to disparage Westpoint, afaik, you do have to be not-an-idiot to get in, but it's definitely not a university that you are cross-shopping, with almost anywhere else. Seems to me that if you are at Westpoint or the Citadel, you are attending the 1 out of 1 colleges that were only ever on your list. (because you actually plan to have that career)

It's like...for the ROTCs that could do some math, right?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Ha ha ha ha

Trump Wants to Find, Prosecute Person Who Leaked His Trip to the Bunker: NYT

I mean, this stuff from the orange menace reads like the Onion.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Again highly doubt the orange baby knew the link to the Nazis. But yeah Stephen Miller’s influence definitely molding this campaign. Trumpity Dumpity really is just a patsy when it comes to this extreme.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
I mean, I'm not at all suggesting that Trump is designing his ads himself. Even if he were competent, that would be silly. But the fact that his campaign is literally borrowing symbolism from the Nazis is horrifying.

(I just didn't really want to make a new thread for it, and this seemed as good a place to post about it as any.)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
while you were sleeping, trump has gutted VoA:

President Trump's pick to lead the U.S. Agency for Global Media, Michael Pack, showed up to work Wednesday for the first time after being approved by the U.S. Senate two weeks earlier.
His words to staff were affirming. His actions were anything but.
Pack swiftly sidelined most of the agency's senior leadership by stripping them of their authority. He also fired the chiefs of the government-sponsored broadcast networks for foreign audiences which his agency oversees, including Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; Radio Free Asia; Office of Cuban Broadcasting, which oversees Radio and Television Martí; and Middle East Broadcasting Networks, which runs Alhurra and Radio Sawa.
The two-top officials at Voice of America resigned days earlier in anticipation of Pack's arrival.
Pack dissolved advisory boards over each of the networks and placed his own aides above them. He gave no reason for his actions other than his authority to do so, according to two people with direct knowledge of the day's events.
Trump had sought to place Pack in the position for two years, complaining about the Senate's slow pace in confirming him to the job. This spring, lawmakers learned Pack was under investigation by the Washington, D.C., attorney general's office over concerns he had improperly transferred millions of dollars from his not-for-profit outfit to his for-profit production company. That investigation has not yet been resolved.
Pack's bold moves took people who work at the agency by surprise. A memo obtained by NPR that was sent out by Pack's new chief of staff, Emily Newman, said that officials could take no actions and make no external communications without approval from above.
Several staffers, who spoke to NPR on condition they not be named, said that effectively shut down the agency.
and of course the guy is grifting his own non profit.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Breaking news on CNN. The above FB as has been removed by the company for promoting organized hate.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
^ I think the only winning strategy for Trump now is to drag out all of the Stormfronters and KKK and ultra violent rightwingers that didn't join the first-time voters in 2016, that were the "unaccountable voters in national polling."

I think even his base has eroded to a small enough degree that Trump 2020 simply can't win without 90% plus of violent white supremacists finally coming out to vote in legion. I think these ads are designed to fail and be blocked, because it's really just Steven Miller with the loudest dog whistle possible. ....I can't see any other reason for the intentional use of such historical symbols of violent white supremacist/rightwing hate in their messaging.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

As part of leadership training while in the military, we were taught to read faces, body language, gestures so I see where you're coming from. The larger the formation, the more you can feel the vibe emanating from it (them). It's palpable, it's real, you can feel it passing through your bones once you tune into it.

Trump is progressively falling apart both mentally and physically to the point where it's just undeniable from an objective point of view. West Point graduates aren't folks who can be fooled as easily as a Trump loyalist would. I'm sure they all took a good look at Trump and knew he wasn't a well man by any measure.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Also Trump would dare to hire McLughlin and Associates who is known fore their b ias in favor of Trump! I wonder if Trump will ever pay them?

Status
Not open for further replies.