Donald J. Trump accomplishments thread.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Trump had many non-accomplishments, but what's fascinating to me is "the wall."

Ask some supporters and they'll tell you he built it. But not only did he fall far short of completing it (much of was done involved updating existing walls), it was already falling apart before Trump left office.

Pretty symbolic of the Trump regime, really — a failed plan guided by xenophobic fantasies, a mistake that will be erased forever.
And he made parts that were impassible before now easier by blasting away mountains and paving roadways in remote areas

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Trump had many non-accomplishments, but what's fascinating to me is "the wall."

Ask some supporters and they'll tell you he built it. But not only did he fall far short of completing it (much of was done involved updating existing walls), it was already falling apart before Trump left office.

Pretty symbolic of the Trump regime, really — a failed plan guided by xenophobic fantasies, a mistake that will be erased forever.
And one of Biden's first Ex Orders was to halt construction on "the wall."

Reactions: dawp

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
And one of Biden's first Ex Orders was to halt construction on "the wall."

Exactly. I don't think a lot of Trumpists realized that ruling by executive order meant that much of what Trump did would be wiped out the moment there wasn't a Republican in charge.

Reactions: dawp and pmv
Mar 11, 2004
By moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem?

I think he's confusing it with the UAE/Israel thing? Turmp basically got shitfaced drunk and then pissed on Palestine after Israel started random brush fires there so really not sure WTF he's going on about with regards to that being some achievement.

Mar 11, 2004
Donald J. Trump helped Antifa proliferate. They seem to be everywhere now--even showing up at Trump rallies and protests disguised and undetected. Trump's own FBI allowed Antifa to grow exponentially while they busied themselves with white supremacists. For all of Trump's bluster, he seemed to foment the perfect recruiting ground for Antifa in the United States. Job well done, Mr. Trump.

One might even go as far to say that Donald John Trump is the founder of Antifa.

I think that's very telling of where Turmp's allegiance and where he was getting his political views from. Most of America had no clue what the fuck Antifa was, but you know who did? White Supremacists.

Exactly. I don't think a lot of Trumpists realized that ruling by executive order meant that much of what Trump did would be wiped out the moment there wasn't a Republican in charge.

The funny thing is that Biden going into office has caused a flurry of building as contractors attempt to build shit to try and force the government to pay them for Turmp's moronic contracts with them, knowing Biden was likely going to cancel the contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if its being financed by some conservative SuperPACs as well in an attempt to use it politically (claim Biden built more wall than Turmp, while also trying to make their claims that cancelling the contracts would cost us tons of money, with the money ending up funneled into the SuperPACs).

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Well, judging from that Kevin McCarthy phone call, he's turned Republican Representatives into Republican Hostages (of their own base). Does that count as an accomplishment?

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
A couple things, most of which have likely shown up i this thread at other points:

- Political Awareness is likely at an all time high. To quote everyone's favorite 5th wheel "You better turn on to politics, or Politics will turn on you".

- If the myth needed any more burying: further exposed the lie that conservatives/republicans give a flying fuck about the deficit and deficit spending (even before 2020). Sure, you have the Tax and Spend Democrats... but you also have the Borrow and Spend Republicans. Interest Rates on government notes is so damn low right now that you'd have to be a moron not to use the world's essentially free money to finance your projects. Would be nice to have some actual projects with returns rather than just fleecing the government though.

- Gave the country a cultural enema. My very conservative father in law once said "The President is the moral core of the entire country, his moral failings become the country's". Of course, he was talking about Clinton and mum's the word when talking about Trump, but I think he has been proved more correct than he will ever know. A lot of shit that was lurking below came oozing out during his term: Systemic and cultural racism, Harassment against women, and a latent class consciousness across the country (misdirected as it may be by some) and more.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
The SPACE FORCE! This is the only legacy of Trump that could have any possible benefit.

Just sell tickets to the Trump Base for a free ride with Trump, and then deport them all to their home galaxy.

Then, America will be Good Again.

The only problem with that is logistical. We're talking about 74 million so-called Americans -- probably pod people. Well, think big. Battlestar Galactica.

Reactions: hal2kilo

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I think he shown how far you can push things. Politicians are so complacent in trying to include everybody. Here's the bulldozer, so a lot of it failed in process but the impetus to make things happen can happen in parallel and some of it goes through. You don't have to have every t crossed and i dotted

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Ironically, whatever Trump accomplished during his tenure had absolutely nothing to do with MAGA, another one of his BIG LIES and hoax battle cries. For Trump, his presidency was one big profit making venture that could possibly get him out of the deep financial hole he's in.

To many of his cult following MAGA meant making America great for the racists, white supremacists, corporate rip-off artists, the ultra wealthy, those religious fringe freaks backed up by a Supreme Court majority that was/is sympathetic to their causes.

Trump's greatest accomplishment? As others have noted , he got Joe Biden elected and handed the Senate over to the Dems.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The SPACE FORCE! This is the only legacy of Trump that could have any possible benefit.

Just sell tickets to the Trump Base for a free ride with Trump, and then deport them all to their home galaxy.

Then, America will be Good Again.

The only problem with that is logistical. We're talking about 74 million so-called Americans -- probably pod people. Well, think big. Battlestar Galactica.

Even the Space Force will be better without Trump, mind you!

Trump created the division in part because it fulfilled his simplistic, fantasy-driven vision of the military: it's all about the superficial show of strength, about militarism rather than practical objectives.

My hunch and hope is that Biden will skew the Space Force more toward peaceful purposes, and any weaponry will be strictly defensive. There won't be any flight-of-fancy projects, that's for sure.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I can add a few...

In 2018, filed an amicus brief with SCOTUS Espinoza v. Montana Department of Revenue to defend 1st amendment rights of parents and student who attend religious school to participate in private school scholarships.

in 2019, issued targeted sanctions on Russian officials for religious freedoms violations and torture of Jehovah Witnesses.

in 2018, signed the "First Step Act", a bipartisan bill which sought to rehabilitate prisoners by expanding job training and early release programs.

Expanded the military.

Although GDP growth was meh, unemployment numbers were phenomenal. Until 2020.

Lowered taxes on most.

Banned bump stocks.

Those are a few. There are far more I disagree with, but thats another thread.
Lowered taxes ON MOST??? Not hardly

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Lowered taxes ON MOST??? Not hardly

Explaining the Trump Tax Reform Plan (investopedia.com)

Personal Taxes
Income Tax Rates
The law retained the old structure of seven individual income tax brackets, but in most cases, it lowered the rates. The top rate fell from 39.6% to 37%, while the 33% bracket dropped to 32%, the 28% bracket to 24%, the 25% bracket to 22%, and the 15% bracket to 12%.10 The lowest bracket remained at 10%, and the 35% bracket was also unchanged. The income bands that the new rates applied to are lower, compared to 2018 brackets under current law, for the five highest brackets.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Even the Space Force will be better without Trump, mind you!

Trump created the division in part because it fulfilled his simplistic, fantasy-driven vision of the military: it's all about the superficial show of strength, about militarism rather than practical objectives.

My hunch and hope is that Biden will skew the Space Force more toward peaceful purposes, and any weaponry will be strictly defensive. There won't be any flight-of-fancy projects, that's for sure.
Well, we had a "space force". It is called "NASA". Trump represents a cohort of the colossally ignorant, who like to attend sports events to stand up and thump their chest about being "great".
If being a world power involves trying to be King of the Mountain, telegraphing your sense of status will assure that you get knocked off your pinnacle.

the Criminal has done more damage than even I can imagine. We haven't seen the end of it.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, we had a "space force". It is called "NASA". Trump represents a cohort of the colossally ignorant, who like to attend sports events to stand up and thump their chest about being "great".
If being a world power involves trying to be King of the Mountain, telegraphing your sense of status will assure that you get knocked off your pinnacle.

the Criminal has done more damage than even I can imagine. We haven't seen the end of it.

Strictly speaking, Space Force before now was the Air Force's Space Command. And there is a distinction between that and NASA — Space Command was more for military satellites and other projects that the science-oriented NASA wouldn't handle.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
The Trump economic bump, which was already mentioned. And not that it benefitted everyone. It helped me and my family in our stock market mutual funds. I'm a moderate who leans to the left although maybe some here think I'm much more to the right but I don't think so.

Anyway back to the bump, some may say if Hillary (who I was rooting for) was president the stock market could easily have done well like say 75 or 80% of the gains from the Trump bump. And if that would have been true if she was elected then I would have to take back the economic accomplishment I listed at the top of this post. But we'll never know I guess.

So while I've occasionally criticized Trump I don't do that in a livid manner against him because I know his bump is most likely the reason why my family made extra money from stocks. In other words because of his economic bump whenever I criticize him I do it in a more diplomatic way than a rabid scathing way.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The Trump economic bump, which was already mentioned. And not that it benefitted everyone. It helped me and my family in our stock market mutual funds. I'm a moderate who leans to the left although maybe some here think I'm much more to the right but I don't think so.

Anyway back to the bump, some may say if Hillary (who I was rooting for) was president the stock market could easily have done well like say 75 or 80% of the gains from the Trump bump. And if that would have been true if she was elected then I would have to take back the economic accomplishment I listed at the top of this post. But we'll never know I guess.

So while I've occasionally criticized Trump I don't do that in a livid manner against him because I know his bump is most likely the reason why my family made extra money from stocks. In other words because of his economic bump whenever I criticize him I do it in a more diplomatic way than a rabid scathing way.
aside from the stock market, if you look back to all our presidents since Johnson, the employment numbers have always seen huge gains with a democrat in office, and tiny growth with a republican in office.
Donald is the first president in over a hundred years to actually lose jobs during his term.