Donald J. Trump accomplishments thread.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Since he is leaving office tomorrow I figured now is a good time. Using a modified version of the Reagan standard, what in either foreign or domestic policy did Trump leave better then he found it? Remember that's the same standard when they blamed Obama for a slow economic recovery when he was left a disaster. Was there anything Trump improved that wasn't already improving?

Here's the chance for the hoards of Trump supporters in this forum to list his accomplishments based on the above criteria. I'm sure the list will be quite extensive.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
He appointed two and a half originalist Supreme Court justices, the primary reason I voted for him in the first place.

• Wow
Reactions: AnitaPeterson

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
As far as foreign policy, I give him minor credit for not sending troops to more countries, but of course that's offset by ramping up support of SA's genocidal war on Yemen. Can probably thank Jared and Ivanka for that, wanting to do a favor for their buddy MBS.

Reactions: pmv and Zorba
Nov 8, 2012
As far as foreign policy, I give him minor credit for not sending troops to more countries, but of course that's offset by ramping up support of SA's genocidal war on Yemen. Can probably thank Jared and Ivanka for that, wanting to do a favor for their buddy MBS.

You mean instead of starting 8+ new conflicts while in office?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Odd, people are giving Trump credit for not starting a new war. They forget he almost got us into two by incompetence. One with North Korea and this one.
Donald Trump Almost Started a War with the Wrong Country (dailykos.com)

Jimmy Carter didn't get us into a new conflict and brought real Middle East peace but he gets no credit. What scale are we grading on? If you have to give someone credit for not doing bad things we have sunk to a new low.

Nov 8, 2012
Odd, people are giving Trump credit for not starting a new war. They forget he almost got us into two by incompetence. One with North Korea and this one.
Donald Trump Almost Started a War with the Wrong Country (dailykos.com)

Jimmy Carter didn't get us into a new conflict and brought real Middle East peace but he gets no credit. What scale are we grading on?

Sadly, we don't do measurements based on "Almost started".

If you "Almost started" a diet, is that an accomplishment?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

He did completely fuck over the deal with Iran that will make that situation much worse for years to come. I do give him credit for ignoring his crazy advisors that wanted him to start a war with Iran.

I think he did it in the shittiest, dumbest way possible, but I support tariffs on China and any other country that can undercut us due to their willingness to abuse workers and the environment.

I think he did just about everything wrong with COVID, but I think he did do the right thing in setting the narrative that a vaccine could be completed sooner rather than later. Before he announced the Warp Speed many "experts" were still saying years. Beyond setting the proper narrative, he did basically nothing else, though.

There are the only things I've got, and no I've never been a Trump supporters.

Reactions: s0me0nesmind1

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
He set a new low for the requirements to become President, advisor, and cabinet, etc.

Last edited:

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
He did completely fuck over the deal with Iran that will make that situation much worse for years to come. I do give him credit for ignoring his crazy advisors that wanted him to start a war with Iran.

I think he did it in the shittiest, dumbest way possible, but I support tariffs on China and any other country that can undercut us due to their willingness to abuse workers and the environment.

I think he did just about everything wrong with COVID, but I think he did do the right thing in setting the narrative that a vaccine could be completed sooner rather than later. Before he announced the Warp Speed many "experts" were still saying years. Beyond setting the proper narrative, he did basically nothing else, though.

There are the only things I've got, and no I've never been a Trump supporters.
Don't forget completely assfucking the kurds so that our influence in the region is exponentially reduced.

Reactions: Fenixgoon and Zorba

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How’s the economy now compared to when he entered into office? GDP? Trade deficit?

How is unemployment now compared to when he started?

How does economic inequality gap look?

What about the stock market (yes an incredibly dumb metric to measure)?

How many scandals did his administration have?

How does our reputation look overseas?

What’s the crime rate?

How did he handle any disasters?

The above was most of the ways Obama was judged so it should be a good way to judge trump.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Right - he just started a battle at the Capitol and empowered domestic terrorists.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
He appointed two and a half originalist Supreme Court justices, the primary reason I voted for him in the first place.

so you are totally cool with slavery of African Americans and only allowing white men to vote.

Reactions: Leeea

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Jimmy Carter didn't get us into a new conflict and brought real Middle East peace but he gets no credit. What scale are we grading on? If you have to give someone credit for not doing bad things we have sunk to a new low.

It's more than that--Carter is the only president since, at least Wilson? to have not dropped a single bomb on any nation or territory.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

and you don't list "I've never been thrown in jail as an accomplishment". So you don't get "he didn't start a new war". Taking credit for shit you are supposed to do is the Chris Rock test.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
He pointed out the flaws in our government that allowed people like him to take advantage and trash it.

We now know that we need to create and implement a TURNIP test for all future presidents.
Trump Universal Racist Narcissist Insurrection Prevention

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54 and iRONic

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
As far as genuinely positive things I can think of two, the "right to try" law, if anyone has a severe illness and is facing death they can try non-approved drugs/therapies as they wish, I agree with this stance. 2nd was I think he did get some criminal justice reform in place, less people in jail is usually a good thing in the long run.