Donald fans storm the castle in Michigan.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I’m speculating here but based on videos and pics of the Michigan protestors I don’t believe they graduated high school so I would say it’s a lower education issue which is who Trump is appealing to.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I’m speculating here but based on videos and pics of the Michigan protestors I don’t believe they graduated high school so I would say it’s a lower education issue which is who Trump is appealing to.

Trump said he loves the uneducated, obviously because it's easier for him to fuck with their minds.

Reactions: Muse and tweaker2
Jul 9, 2009
The die is cast. Trump vs Biden. Reality. It's a thing. I don't have to sell my soul to make that choice. Quite the contrary. Maybe you sold yours to tell me that I shouldn't.
I have my doubts if Biden is going to be the nominee. I'll wait until after the Democratic Convention before i'll confirm it.

Mar 11, 2004
The 2nd Amendment is stupid. That out of the way, decades of defunding Education is even more stupid. That said, the surface has barely been scratched on what Problems acts like this reveals. Your nations future is very precarious.

Which is exactly why people are trying to explain to you that you're endangering it by trying to spread what appears to be Russian backed agitprop.

Check out Travis Bickle's awesome roll of electrical tape!

View attachment 20402

You laugh but electrical tape would be very easy to use as a ligature. It shows up a lot in kill kits because its more compact than say duct tape.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Which is exactly why people are trying to explain to you that you're endangering it by trying to spread what appears to be Russian backed agitprop.

You laugh but electrical tape would be very easy to use as a ligature. It shows up a lot in kill kits because its more compact than say duct tape.

Did Yeltsin hatch the Plan?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Those guys demonstrating their willingness to bear arms in the Legislature in order to exercise their 2A rights is doing more harm to the protection of that right than they will ever know.

They look like trash rabble rousers with nothing better to do than make a scene for all the wrong reasons. They end up looking like the fascists they seem to believe are at war with them, insinuating they will make use of their firearms to get their way.

Wouldn't it be so nice if they would leave their toys at home and volunteer in some way or another toward helping our overworked overly stressed caregivers and emergency responders mitigate the effects of the pandemic.

Reactions: Muse

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If we didn't have Donald Trump but instead had a REAL president who believed in government and government testing, them these rabble rousers wouldn't need to storm the castle. They would be working. Shopping. Earning a paycheck. Buying food and stuff and going about their every day business just as before. IF.... we had a REAL president. I wonder if that reality WILL EVER SINK IN to these poor misguided ignorant rabble rousers losers? They do need to protest, but protest those who deserve to be protested. Donald Trump and Mike Pence. We need thousands of protests, but in front of the Whitehouse where it maters.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

This is the stuff I was made aware of many years ago for "capture and release" use. Can't get your teeth to rip a piece if you tried.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
I don't see the problem. I mean, it's not like they're kneeling during the national anthem before a game. That, of course, would be an outrage to get worked up into a lather over.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Trump said he loves the uneducated, obviously because it's easier for him to fuck with their minds.

I had forgotten about that.

"We won the evangelicals. We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated,"

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Read this comment on BBC about the lockdown. I think it describes the attitude of some these people perfectly.

So you jump out the plane and your parachute opens and you glide gently down to earth. Halfway down you think 'this is going fine' so you take the parachute off.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11
Feb 4, 2009
I think is was a stupid stunt, but from what I read it is totally legal to enter the capital building with a firearm.

I think the title is also misleading. I don't see where they "stormed" anything.

While I don’t know much about this “event”, I do sort of agree. Dumb-dumbs like them make it difficult to have a reasonable discussion about what is appropriate Government power. I think there are many things we should all be talking about regarding tracking (anyone want to have an app that tracks your movement for the Gov?).
Weird time because to be safe we need to have some restrictions and a controlled tracking app isn’t a bad idea however this shit needs to be temporary and locked down pretty strictly.
Same with public gatherings, again in our current time it is not unreasonable to put restrictions in place however how long those restrictions stay in place is a good discussion.

Reactions: Muse and pcgeek11

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
remember how there were some very fine people at Charlottesville? yeah....

"The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire," Trump wrote. "These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal."

for one, if donald were the governor, he'd fold like a deck of cards. two, what happened to all that tough talk? three, very good people indeed :roll:

Reactions: Homerboy

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
remember how there were some very fine people at Charlottesville? yeah....

for one, if donald were the governor, he'd fold like a deck of cards. two, what happened to all that tough talk? three, very good people indeed :roll:

what a bunch of spinless d-bags..

why dont they take off their masks and gloves?

what are they afraid of?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Everything. And that's the problem

We all have Trump and the GOP to thank for digging into the deepest parts of their emotional core, injecting those cores with mega-doses of hyped up racist hate, fear and this blending of misguided patriotic religious fervor and then telling them they're good people for being that way all of whom got stomped on by the establishment and he's the guy that will right all those wrongs that got done to them.

Millions of fucked up heads with a learned passion for hating those that's telling them to WTFU because they got scammed by the Father of All Scammers who drugged them with lies, false hope and wistful dreams of days gone bye.

Reactions: shortylickens

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We all have Trump and the GOP to thank for digging into the deepest parts of their emotional core, injecting those cores with mega-doses of hyped up racist hate, fear and this blending of misguided patriotic religious fervor and then telling them they're good people for being that way all of whom got stomped on by the establishment and he's the guy that will right all those wrongs that got done to them.

Millions of fucked up heads with a learned passion for hating those that's telling them to WTFU because they got scammed by the Father of All Scammers who drugged them with lies, false hope and wistful dreams of days gone bye.

A wole constellation of right wing talking heads & think tanks has been softening their brains for 40 years. When Obama became President they just flipped their shit entirely. I figure some of he youngest learned their first words from Rush on the radio. They're actually victims of relentless propaganda & misinformation.

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
Someone should have lit a firecracker and see what happens.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Someone should have lit a firecracker and see what happens.
Being that the state police were both outnumbered and outgunned by those "american patriots" I don't think it would turned out very well for the "thin blue line".